Sign in to follow this  
Bobcat

Got My Texas Buck

It took me four days, but I finally got a nice buck down. I was hunting in Kerr, County near Ingram. I had Ryan Longer (aka Flip Flop, Longer's Outdoors) working on finding me a good low-fence, free-range hunt. He came through. It was hit and miss the first three days, deer but not a shooter. The third day I got really ticked off just before dark. As y'all know, many times the older bucks won't step out from cover until the very last light. I had a spike coming in about 50 yards away and was looking forward to his dad or uncle to stepping out in a minute or two. Then, all of a sudden, I caught a lightning fast ball of fur streak by headed directly at the spike. It was a @%#& grey fox! The deer popped his tail up and took off at full speed, along with any other deer in the wings, followed by the fox. I was ticked. I immediately started to lip squeak. About a minute later this fox is coming over the top of a small rise right towards me. He has chased his last deer.

2015%20Deer%20Fox_zpsoqg1gtpk.jpg

Monday morning I had this 8-point come in on his own. He was DRT at 6:37 A.M. He measured just over 20" wide. I can't wait for the backstaps!!

7mm-08, 140 gr. Barnes TTSX

Bob :P

This is the creek/tank I was hunting over.

2015%20Buck%20Stand%20640_zpsjurberey.jp

My buck.

2015%20Buck%20640_zps2hkqdad3.jpg

2015%20Buck%20BC%20640_zpsbwddv3oo.jpg

Bob-Thanks for sharing your story. That's some beautiful country, and the buck is simply awesome -- as are the photos. With such impressive width, I bet that buck looked amazing coming in through that Hill Country terrain. Congrats again!!!

Man that a nice sized Buck right there. Congrats

Sweet. Great story and photos.

Very nice, congrats!

Sign in to follow this