Boomy

Fishing report- Bluewater Kayak Classic

I normally target sharks, but at least once a year I head down to Corpus to target kings. The BWKC is my guaranteed annual excuse. Anyways if someone needs a change of pace, here is my video report...

I didn't mention it on the video, but I was taking on water and was on my way in with that last fish. Had to stop and bail twice on the way in. Yaks get really squirrely and opinionated when they have water in them. Had to hang a leg off the side to compensate for the current turning me because of all the added weight. Not complaining. It adds to the adventure...

Looks like a ton of fun!!

Dang how far out did you go ? Looks like a blast !!

That trip around 1.5 miles.

When we do the rigs, it's about 2.5 miles to the first one.

Shark and bull red fishing on the upper coast, between 600 yds to a mile.

That's cool man! I just got into kayak fishing myself with a Slayer Propel and really like it. Mostly bass and drifting for catfish. Probably won't take it into the saltwater but plan on having a manual kayak someday to fish for reds in the flats or anything at the rigs.

Cool video man!

Just looking at the inky water scares me!

I don't often go blue water fishing, but when i do, I prefer something bigger A LOT bigger!

I actually downsized this year. I was paddling a 16' yak and now I'm in a 14'+ yak. Happier for it too.

That's cool man! I just got into kayak fishing myself with a Slayer Propel and really like it. Mostly bass and drifting for catfish. Probably won't take it into the saltwater but plan on having a manual kayak someday to fish for reds in the flats or anything at the rigs.

Cool video man!