Sign in to follow this  
Bobcat

26th Posse Hog Hunt-Hunt Report!

We had a great weekend in spite of the heat and humidity. It got up to 99 F and the humidity was off the chart. Of course, that is hunting in this part of Texas in July! We hunted at night, going out at 7:00 P.M. and hunting until Midnight or 2:00 A.M. We had 8 hunters on this hunt. The biggest drawback, is that is you don't make a DRT shot, the hogs can be VERY hard to recover at night with the brush grown up. This area is like a jungle. We shot a total of 14 hogs, but could only recover 5. I should mention that 25 shots were fired? I didn't pull a trigger. I had 3 hogs come in Friday and I could have easliy taken one, but I let them walk. Everyone not only saw hogs, but had excellent shot opportunities.

Here is our group. We had 6 Posse Members from Texas and two from Arkansas.

L to R

Swift220, Sonoraken, Bobcat, Amigo, Bryan, Mike H, EddieB

26th%20Hog-Group%20640_zpsmvcif39u.jpg

Texan4ut had to leave early to get to chuch so he gets his own picture.

texan4ut%20Maury_zpscnfg0idd.jpg

We ate like kings. No surprise there...... Friday, I served up some chili that I made.

Chili%20640_zpszsoijmo7.jpg

Saturday morning, texan4ut served us some great "crustless cowboy quiche". It was outstanding. Maury, you need to post the recipe in the Recipe forum!

Saturday night, sonoraken and Swift220 conspired to put some mouth watering brisket, grilled sausage, baked beans, and tater salad on our plates!

Sunday morning, EddieB and Brian whipped up some "cowboy migas"! Eddie made them with some Wyoming mule deer and wild boar sausage from this ranch donated by GabbaDHut!

Sunday%20Breakfast%20640_zpskdr47qjg.jpg

Mike H shot the biggest boar of the weekend. A leopard hog! This was his first wild boar!

MikeH%2026th-Hog%20640_zps2gvqdpfj.jpg

He didn't stop there! He also got his first bobcat! Great work Mike!!

MikeH%20Bobcat_zpsmka2t1bx.jpg

Great shooting Mike!

We had three new Posse members on this hunt that all came together, Brian and MikeH from Arkansas, and EddieBueno from the DFW Metroplex. They fit right in and were a lot of fun to hunt and hang with!!

Here they are with Flip Flop, our intrepid Guide.

Brian%20MikeH%20Ryan%20Eddie%20640_zpsdx

The gang wolfing down some migas!

DSCN9394_zpsdwvun1jd.jpg

Brian in the kitchen finishing up the migas.

Brian-Eddie%20Sunday%20Bkfst_zpsbtj09ez1

Amigo-Gee, I guess I am first in line?

Amigo%20Sunday%20Bkfst%20640_zpseejqpzrx

Amigo, MikeH, and Byan hanging and swapping tall tales.

Amigo%20MIke%20H%20Brian_zpsayidyrga.jpg

Amigo and I broke out a couple morning cigars...............or course.

Amigo%20Cigar%20640_zpstkpaqihg.jpg

BC%20Cigar%2026%20LG%20640_zpsptsuhyh2.j

A few more ranch shots.

Firepit_zpstcqxxcwk.jpg

DSCN9375_zpsdnvg7jz2.jpg

DSCN9379_zpschuypvqs.jpg

This was a great group!!!! :D:):D

Ryan, aka Flip Flop, did his usual outstanding job for us. I will let the gang fill you in on our "getting stuck in the creek" story! :D

Ryan%2026th%20640_zpspfzahssx.jpg

I know you guys had a great time. Sorry you could not find your hogs.....good buzzard and coyote bait.

Looks like another great hunt! That ranch must really have a great hog population.

For me, great food and friends makes for the best hunts. This outing looks like a good one....

I give shooting lessons pretty cheap , but will have to be cash as I start social security soon ! :wacko: Sounds like you all had fun . That sure was a tall Cat !!

Even with a couple hogs recovered looks like y'all had a good time ! How big was the leopard hog ?

Sign in to follow this