First a report on our country.

After 12 years of drought, we have already received just over 12 inches of our normal 17 inches of annual moisture (We have received 17 inches only once in the last 12 years and that year included 46 inches of snow). I heard we have now been upgraded from extreme drought to moderate drought. If you guys down south are tired of all that wet, we would be glad to accept any you can send us.

Now to the Pds. I keep getting questions like are the Pds coming back yet? The standard answer is they are like roaches, they started coming back the next day after the last one died. There are a few small colonies that landowners apparently haven't found or aren't working to control. Over the last two weeks I have seen about a dozen Pds out traveling and three startup colonies where I hadn't seen any for several years . About this time of the summer last years surviving pups that aren't needed to maintain the local population are forced out to start new colonies or replenish other colonies that need help. I am still working to keep ours under control because several of our pastures have more weeds than grass and may need two or three years like this one to fully recover. The old dead Pd holes are still obvious because they have two to three foot tall Kochia weeds and Russian thistle growing on them while surrounding vegetation is about one half to one third that tall.

My nephews went out to do some shooting the other day and got to shoot about 30 to 45 minutes before the Pds wised up (and I think that was from at least two locations). We are still several years away from having enough shootable numbers to justify a trip up, but if you are coming through and want to take a break and sling a little lead I can probably find a place or two that would accommodate one or two shooters for a few minutes. Problem is with the growth it can be hard to see them at much of a distance, 150 yards may be a long shot.

They will be back just like Arnold. I hope they do not get quite so bad as last time and will give the pastures plenty of time to recover before they do.

HP :lol:

Thanks for the update, HP! And it's good to have you posting on the Forum again! Kinda been a drought in your posting!

Thanks for the update . You need to start fertilizing them so they will grow faster . Good to see you around , come see us more often !

Fred,

We were and are directly in the path of tropical storm Bill and its following remnants. It is still raining and the weather boys just keep extending their guess as to when it will end. Unfortunately current obligations prevent us from sending any up your way but if you want to hitch up the mules and drive your water wagons down here I'm sure we can supply all the water you can use. Be sure to use the surefooted ones as it is just a tad slippery around here.

Ranchdog,

Wheatlage harvest is winding down, Wheat harvest won't start good for another couple of weeks. lots of truckers are sitting around idle if you can find tanker trailers I reckon we can talk a few of them into a road trip.

Everybody else,

it has been a busy year. I can only remember two times in the last 15 months that I have been outside with a firearm in my hands. things are slowing down a little and I am starting realize what's missing, especially seeing so many maggots on the move.

I have been on the website a lot more than it things show. Dagnab computer has the same memory problems I do. It has trouble remembering my username and password. It just got old having to sign in every time I get on. Think I may have that straightened out. If so you may be able to find evidence of my lurking around a little more often. if not it may be time for a new machine.

HP :lol:

Fred good to hear your fingers typing again. Like so many of us, aging gracefully, finding something to keep us busy is not a problem. Thanks for the update.

Part of getting old is learning to read between the lines. My understanding of your post is that you are asking for some breeding pairs. Is that correct?

I know where some may be acquired. I would love to get the fishing pole out and go snare some for you. Let me know. Some may require medical attention prior to breeding. ^_^

Nunya

Hi Fred, we sure do miss coming up to see you and having a great time. Hope all is well. It is sure nice to hear from you

perhaps we can sneak up for a day or two.

Howard