Bobcat

25th Posse Hog Hunt-Hunt Report!

We had our most successful Posse Hog Hunt Ever!!!!

Our 5 Hunters took a total 12 Hogs. Each hunter got at least 2, and two of us got 3. We also took the largest hog ever in 25 Posse Hog Hunts, 316 lbs.!!! NavyDave took that one, plus a 150 lb. "Leopard" hog! Gabba D Hut, aka Louis, also took a monster hog among his three. The weather forecast was 40% to 80% rain over the weekend. We ended up only getting about an hour of rain, and that was all at the same time. We took hogs before, during, and after the rain. As usual we ate very well. Friday we had lasagna and salad. Gabba D Hut and his son Ben (soon to be at UT) whipped up a great brunch with lots of scrambles eggs, bacon, country fried potatoes, and grilled sweet onion, peppers, and garlic severed with java, tortillas, milk and OJ! Saturday night Gary and NaveDave grilled up some great burgers with some beans on the side!! Sunday AM we had Danish and Cinnamon Rolls before heading out.

We hunted the ranch a bit different this time. We went out at about 5:30 as usual, but we all hunted unitl 2:00 A.M. By the time all the hogs and hunters were rounded up and back at the lodge, we ended up getting to bed sometime before 4:00 A.M. Obviously, we did not do Morning Hunts!. This seemed to work much better. We took hogs from abut 7:00 up until 2:15! Friday night, only Gabba and I took hogs, one each. Saturday we took 10 hogs!!!!

The guys pitched in and helped Ryan at the cleaning station. He was by himself this weekend. He still only got about 2 hours of sleep the whole weekend! Ryan did his usual "above and beyond" job this weekend for his fellow Posse members. Thanks Ryan!!!

Bob :P

This was our group for this hunt: L to R

Ben, Gabba D Hut, Bobcat, NavyDave, Gary

Group%2025th%20640_zpsqhxpzdio.jpg

Here are some shots of the ranch.

The Lodge

Victoria%20Lodge_zpsja7ze7e2.jpg

Victoria%20Ranch%20Lodge%20Trees_zpsuolz

Ranch%20Woods%2025th_zpshec61xtu.jpg

Gary pointed out some Prickly Pear growing in one of the old Oaks.

Catus%20Tree_zpsdor8opj7.jpg

The wildflowers were all over too.

Victoria%20Flowers_zpsmlxa4ily.jpg

I took this 125 lb. solitary boar Friday night and bloodied my new AR. Nice ear shot at 100 yards-DRT.

BC%20Boar%2025th%20640_zpsv0zrf3j5.jpg

Saturday night I was able to get two young ones with 3 shots. They came in as a sounder of 8-10, all about the same size. I shot the first one, then fired running shots at two more. I missed the third one.

BC%20Double%2025th_zps2edb63nj.jpg

I was using my Hoginator Light again: http://www.barteeoutdoors.com/product_pages/portable-hoginator.php

It has never scared off any critters.

HoginatorField%20640_zpszhya5hxi.jpg

Hoginator-feeder640_zpswhffn8wu.jpg

Celebratory Cigar after 1st boar down!

Cigar%2025th_zps7ufljlhp.jpg

Here is NavyDave with his 316 lb. monster boar!! This was Dave's first big game hunt too!!!

Big time congrats to NavyDave!!

He also took a 150+ lb. "Leopard" boar!

NavyDave-Best first Hog Hunt ever............for anyone!!

Dave%20as%20Teddy_zps21sctcjq.jpg

The "Monster"!!

NavyDave%20316lb%20hog_zps0qc3elnp.jpg

This is Dave's first hog.

NavyDave%20Leopard%20Hog%202_zpsv9phpqm2

Here are Gary and Dave getting ready to head out on Saturday.

Gary-Dave%20Lodge_zpsu9z2rhgt.jpg

As always, Posse Member "Flip Flop", aka Ryan Longer, went way above and beyond to make sure everyone had a great hunt!!

Thanks Ryan!! Longer's Outdoors-Hunting, Fishing, Taxidermy: http://www.longersoutdoors.com/

Ryan%20Polaris%20Close_zpsodekn78u.jpg

Ryan%20Polaris_zpspglafzwt.jpg

I am going to open up the thread and let the rest of the gang post their stories and photos. Gabba D Hut has a monster hog to post as one of the 3 he took!

I lit up a celebratory cigar for the trip home!

What a great group and a great hunt!

Bob :P

BC%20Truck%20Cigar_zpsq31wtpd4.jpg

Polaris_zpsbhqgatnx.jpg

And I thought ya'll be would swimming to the blinds! Just shows one just can't tell about the weather or hogs.

What a bag of hogs, and congratulations to all.

Amigo...we were very fortunate with the weather. I think that the smoke from Bob's cigar made a barrier that the rain clouds had to go around. We did get a few brief showers but nothing major. I have to get my pictures up...

We also had an "interesting" start to the hunt on Friday. Ryan's Tahoe got stuck in the creek trying to get to the back of the ranch. We had to break out the tractor.............. :D

Ryan%20Tractor%20Creek_zpswvvrxxbq.jpg

Looks and sounds like a really great hunt! :wub: :wub:Congratulations to you all!! :):)

I can't say enough about how great a hunt this was for Ben and I. The ranch was beautiful with first rate field accommodations. Our fellow hunters were easy going, fun to be with and freely shared their knowledge. Ryan Longer gets a special call out for the effort he put forth and the good calls he made in regard the hunting plan. His preparation and attention to detail put us in the right places at the right times and it paid off for everyone. Any man who can 'call it a day' after processing 10 hogs at 6 in the morning with a smile on his face deserves a medal!

I also want to give a shout out to Bobcat. As usual, his organizational skills paid off in a perfect event. His planning and experience resulted everyone and everything in being in place. No surprises, no hassles, no stress. If I could just sign him up for my 'life plan' I might live in a perfect world.

In closing, I hope you like the pictures of my hog previously shown above. I made a rookie mistake and didn't plan a photo session with my porky little friend and those are all I have from the hunt. He was a better trophy than I ever expected. I'll try to make up for it by posting pics of his new found 'European style' after Ryan and his team have finished their magic on him..