Call Killer

Picatinny Rail for Remington Model 660

Ok guys, I am in need of some assistance. There is a plan I've hatched to upgrade my old Remington 660 .243, and make it the base for a long range (up to 500 yards for now) predator reaper. This plan includes topping things off with a Burris 4-20X50mm Veracity First Focal Plain with 30 mm tube. My dilemma that I would like to upgrade the rail mount on this weapon, while I have the optics off and swapping things around, to something that will extend forward of the scope allowing for the option of Forward Mounted NV optics somewhere in the future. While on this search, I am exploring the possibility of a mount with a built in 20 MOA elevation to give me added room to push the envelope way on out there one of these days.

Now for the question portion. Where would I find a mount which would allow NV mounting forward of the riflescope, and who makes the best? Is there any real point to pursuing the added elevation, or is it just flash and fancy for the caliber I am shooting and will serve no practical purpose?

Looking forward to some educational feedback from our Long Distance shooters! Please bare in mind that I have never really shot much past 200 yards, and then is was "Point and Pray" shooting at best, causing the hit ratio to be fairly poor. That said, this is something I would like to change, and it would be awesome to smack a coyote lollygagging out there in what he thinks is the "safe" range, lol!

Thanks,

Cal

Depends on how much you have to spend, but you might look at the McCann SIRS mount. It will require stock modification which you may or may not want to do, I will also allow for the mounting of a flash light, laser or IR Illuminator on the two additional rails below the upper rail.

Persoanlly though, If I wanted to get into shooting longer ranges, I'd build a dedicated gun of a different caliber.