Sign in to follow this  
Bennie

High Brass Shooting Preserve

Went on a shooting weekend with a few friends and had a blast , literally . We went to High Brass shooting preserve and shot for a full day . Percentage wise , Curtis Grubbs , Dave Butler and myself had the highest percentage of birds released and taken all season . The first hunt we had 63 birds of various species released and we shot 64 birds picked up an extra , the next shoot we had 50 Quail released and took 47 Quail and picked up a Chuker and a Pheasant as a bonus .
This place was a great place to hunt . Great people , great atmosphere , great lodging and they fed us three meals a day . I highly recommend this place for a shoot and they can accommodate just about anyone , at any skill level .
They were sitting up for a Wounded Warriors shoot when we were pulling out , shows you what type of people they are .

The first pic , we had so many birds I was helping the guide carry em , why my butt pack is pulling my shirt backwards .

post-27-0-95548000-1417899012_thumb.jpg

post-27-0-55959300-1417899046_thumb.jpg

post-27-0-72444200-1417899075_thumb.jpg

Sounds and looks great, Bennie. How about telling us about the location and the cost associated with such a hunt?

They are located north of Paris , just across the Oklahoma line . The first hunt we hunted a package deal with 2 Pheasant , 4 Chuker and 15 Quail a piece . The package prices was $325.00 and that included meals . The better deal was the three of us had 50 Quail released that for $300.00 for the afternoon hunt , which by the way just about did us in from all the walking from the morning and afternoon hunts . But we did pick up some extra birds and they do not charge for any extras that you may get . The sleeping quarters are $30.00 a night ( you can put up to 8 people in one cabin ) and like I said comes with three meals if you are there for them and they are good meals . Probably one of the best deals around for release places and the quail flew really well , they were buzz bombs .

Sounds very good. The $300 for the 50 quail release; was that per hunter or per group of 3 hunters? I'm trying to get pretty specific because I'd like to take my son, who is somewhat fiscally challenged, and I need to know exactly how much money I'll need to take out of my 401K to make this father/son event happen!

That was $100.00 dollars a piece , but I believe you have to start with a package , but you can talk to them . It was $325.00 a piece for each package ! The rooms were $30.00 a night , with meals . They also charge extra for just two hunters , but like I say check with them !

Thanks, Bennie!

Looks like a lot of fun. Miss bird hunting. I hunt doves but it's not the same as hunting flushing birds over dogs

Never shot any quail but I've ate my share of em!!! Tasty suckers for sure!! Looks like fun!!!

Sign in to follow this