MikeI

Rain Day Project

Yesterday was one of those very rare days where I found that I was caught up on all my Honey Do's; all my reloading was done; the deer feeders were full and actually working; the game cameras had fresh batteries in them and clean SD cards; and the ground was too wet for me to work the fall garden! So I snuck out to the shop and worked up this "dozing duck" with my band saw. The little drawer isn't big enough to store more than a few stamps or paper clips, but band saw boxes are fun and challenging, although not very useful. Now I need to wait for another "free" day and figure out whether I want to paint or just stain this little guy.

post-7794-0-32605600-1413118503.jpg

post-7794-0-60917500-1413118522.jpg

post-7794-0-32605600-1413118503.jpg

post-7794-0-60917500-1413118522.jpg

That's pretty neat, Mike. You do have taste and talent, regardless of what your mother used to say.

OP

Very nice! Must be fun to have that sort of talent, and make things that bring beauty into this old world. Never have been good with wood, but like working metal myself. Always thought wood to be a warmer sort of media, and steel cold. Wonder what philosophical meanings are in there, lol?!

Cal

Cal, I don't think there's too much to be made of whether a person prefers working with wood to working with metal! I was introduced to wood working by a next door neighbor about 50 years ago. He always had some machinery going in his work shop, and he invited me over to see what he was making and I got "hooked!" I admire good workmanship, whether it's in wood or metal.

Sweet little piece. A true labor of love. :)

nunya

May not be big enough to store a lot , but it is a nice piece of art work !

Thanks for the nice comments, folks; I appreciate it!

Besides being an intellectual, you are an artisan!!! WTG Mike.

Mikel, what do you give a person that has "everything"?

Answer: A box to put it in.