Jeff Thomason

Facebook Death Threats

Some of you have probably seen the story of the World Record Mako I recently shot with my bow. Well the story went Viral this week. It was picked up by CNN, FOX, LA TIMES, ESPN, and tons of others. Well naturally the Libtards are all over it! My Facebook account has been taken over. I would really appreciate some support from the outdoor community. Feel free to comment on the pictures. I have already erased and Deleted HUNDREDS of comments on my page. I cannot keep up. I am attaching a Link to my page. Please head over there "like" the page and comment on the shark pictures. It would mean a lot! Thanks for the support in advance!
Jeff

https://www.facebook.com/JeffThomasonTV

That happens every time you do something phenomenal in the outdoor world . Haters are gonna hate because you have a fun filled adventurous life and they live boring and useless lives , it is all they have to do is peruse hunting and fishing sites to try and banter someone , as the did that girl from Cleburne . Keep up the great work , your friends support you !!

DNS, Public ridicule is one thing, death threats are another. If it were I, I would not delete anything and turn it over to the authorities. A death threat can and usually is considered a terrorist threat.

Prosecute to the fullest extent.

Great shark Jeff! I hope the idiots settle down a little bit. Keep up the good work.

DNS, Public ridicule is one thing, death threats are another.

I was being polite. However, the threats are for a dislike of what he did and therefore are a form of ridicule, just taken to the extreme, maybe to the illegal extreme as you noted. This, unfortunately, isn't uncommon in the electronic age when somebody gains notoriety and somebody else opposed what that person does.

I was being polite. However, the threats are for a dislike of what he did and therefore are a form of ridicule

DNS..... We are going to have to agree to disagree on that point. While I can agree the threats stemmed from a dislike of what he did, I don't believe it could ever be considered a form of ridicule. I just can't wrap my head around that.

The following is an example of a Texas statute dealing with terroristic threats:

TERRORISTIC THREAT

(a) A person commits an offense if he threatens to commit any offense involving violence to any person or property with intent to:

cause a reaction of any type to his threat by an official or volunteer agency organized to deal with emergencies;

place any person in fear of imminent serious bodily injury;

prevent or interrupt the occupation or use of a building; room; place of assembly; place to which the public has access; place of employment or occupation; aircraft, automobile, or other form of conveyance; or other public place;

cause impairment or interruption of public communications, public transportation, public water, gas, or power supply or other public service;

place the public or a substantial group of the public in fear of serious bodily injury; or

influence the conduct or activities of a branch or agency of the federal government, the state, or a political subdivision of the state.

it is important to note that the statute covers the “intent” of the person alleged to have committed the crime. A charge of making a terroristic threat does not have to even place the supposed victim in a state of fear, just that there was the intent to do so. Furthermore, the person alleged to have made the threat doesn’t even need to have the capacity or ability to carry out the alleged threat, again, just the intent to instill fear in the victim.

Since some of the threats surely came from other states and possibly other countries, I can imagine there might be other statues including the statues of other states and possible federal statute violations.

Do I think Jeff will? Probably not. Do I think he should, most defiantly.

Jeff, if this continues for another couple of days, hand the whole lot over to the Police or whoever looks after these threats up there in the US.

Down here in OZ this person would face charges for making threats using a telephone or communication service which carries a 10 year jail penalty. Then you could take out a "Apprehended Violence Order" out against him or her which would mean they loose their firearms license for the next 10 years.

There must be similar laws covering things like this up your way, don't let the little gentleman (whose parents were not joined by the Sacrament of Holy Matrimony at the time of his birth) get away with being a pain in the posterior.

Did you eat any of the fish? It would have made a great BBQ for about 100 people!

I agree with Shooter in his above post: people who respond like they have are haters of anything and anybody who oppose them. How far they are willing to go is not the point, since mind-reading is not the specialty of most people. It's time to call a spade a spade, and quit giving these terrorists any benefit of the doubt. That only encourages them to a.) continue in their threats and b.) maybe actually try carrying them out. Being called out as an individual, cowardly tho' they are, and prosecution are the only things that will slow them down.

OP

Man.........never thought I'd type this sentence, but..... I agree with SHOOTER and OP! (Took me an hour to get the never to type that out, erased it 6 times, but alas tis true!) Having had a brush or 2 with folks wanting to make death threats, mostly anonymously, I can assure you that they are not to be taken lightly. Keeping a good record is very wise, and multiple copies is especially recommended.......even our finest LEOs and Judicial Officials misplace things on occasion, just like us normal folks.

That said, don't respond! Don't throw gas on the fire, or stoop to their level in any way. The old adage, "Give 'em enough rope, and they'll hang themselves" holds true in these situations. Just let them build the case against themselves, them let them suffer the consequence.

Prayers for your safety and sanity, and my hopes that you have no more such troubles!

Cal

When I first started in the banking/credit business one of my first occupations was collections. Interesting job and especially when dealing with reposessing your collateral. While working for Paccar Financial Corp, I remember a couple of characters that were very demonstrative and explicite in screaming their threats and what they would do. PFC was the factory finance division for Kenworth and Peterbilt trucks. One gentleman in particular was even calling me at home and threatening my family and me. So, I hopped on Southwest the next day, showed up at his home outside Memphis with the Sheriff and took possession of his truck. The guy was 5'7" and maybe 160lbs.! ! ! !

I've found over the years, people are very, very brave when they think that they will never meet up with you in person and can cast their death threats. We call it phone courage or computer courage. But in today's world, one never knows what lurks around the corner any more. The media has made being a bad guy and sure fire way of getting on TV.

Just hang tough Jeff. By Christamas, the hate impulses of these retarded fools will all blow away!

You got it Brother!

Invite them to the 2015 Rondy and lets see them put their money where there mouth is!