NavTex

Another nice Axis on the ground!!!

This summer has been an all Axis hunts for me. We did some culling early in the summer, pretty awesome to shoot 30 inch culls!!! I got back out there a few weeks ago and shot this nice one, he is 33 inches. It was so hot that weekend, 107 degrees with hardly a breeze. We saw some (up and comers) that were huge but to young!! The winter Axis will have some giants this year, I'm gonna try to squeeze in a Axis hunt during whitetail season!!

post-21609-0-19249300-1409030079_thumb.jpg

post-21609-0-19249300-1409030079_thumb.jpg

Very nice; well done! And a whole lot of good eating!!

Darn nice axis! I just got back from an axis meat hunt so just got an axis doe and blackbuck doe but next on the list is a big ol axis buck for the wall

Hey NavTex, nice harvest. Curious to know if you have a an area that you seeded with Axis? If so, are you high fenced? My hunting partner and I are thinking about put some Axis on his place but it is not high fenced and don't want to provide the neighbors with our meat...LOL

Sorry it has taken so long to get to you, where I hunt Axis is low fence and the ranch is over ran with them. Axis will jump a fence or go through them.