Sign in to follow this  
cbp210

Places to Hunt El Paso

My dad has moved to El Paso, TX and he wanted to know where are some good places to hunt like deer, varmints etc. He talked with a local and he stated to him that most places near El Paso are off limits and most of the other locals go to NM for easy access hunts. Any members here have any inputs?

there is places east of el paso and el paso county that they are happy to see someone shoot a few varmints, I did find places to hunt while I worked out there had some good times the quitman mountains is good place to start. also you can talk to people that shop at the big box stores getting ammo one help me get a hunt not far from where my rv park was. get to know the people in the small communities around the area which most are spanish but will still help set up a hunt for you most are nice people also do not kid yourself about the desert there is wild pigs in that area seen about 200 pound hog run over on texas 20 by the pecan trees they are all over the canals and cotton fields in cotton valley area

Thanks I will mention this to my dad but I will also look more into this as I will like to visit and do some good shooting

Sign in to follow this