MikeI

Shall we try to set up a p'dog safari?

Mikel;

Expressing interest. What do you have in mind?

I go prairie dog hunting often. SD, Wyoming; fun!

Shotgun

Hey, Shotgun31, good to hear from you. I had brought up the subject of putting together a p'dog hunt for a few Posse members since our p'dog hunting here in Texas has pretty well dried up. There has been some interest in such a hunt, but with the travel distances required to get to any good hunting grounds, and the fact that a bunch of the folks still work for a living, I've never really gotten anywhere with it. What I envisioned was a few us taking a long weekend and going to SD/ND and spending a couple of days hunting. Sort of a "begin travelling from Texas on a Thursday night, hunt Saturday and Sunday; start back to Texas on Sunday night" type of thing. It would mean a lot of windshield time, but that way the folks that have to get back to work would only have to burn up a couple of vacation days.

I'm up for that or a trip to Wyoming as well.

Randy

Being of the retired sort now, I might be interested. I am not under the thumbs of the black robed guys anymore so if you can put something together, I say go for it.

I've got a good friend and his boss looking for a place to go, in the Panhandle, or West Texas, if there's anyone willing or has any outfitters that they'd recommend with good numbers. Potentially looking at the next 60 - 90 days or so.

I hunted the Boss ranch in West Texas 4 or 5 years ago and they had a good number of dogs and a great set up. Don't know if they are still around. website is not working, but you can try the number 432-395-2490

I would be interested. Can you supply some dates?

oldhoward

I'm in Decatur - perhaps we could get together and some point and discuss.

thanks,

Randy