Coyote EMT

ATN X-Sight Night Vision Rifle Scope

Put that scope on one of the guns in Live Oaks' arsenal and you might be able to pull off that moon shot for real. The date seems a mite off. Is that due to the battery-eating tendency of the scope?

OP

Yeah, OP, that's the issue. Every time I quit using the scope, I have to unscrew the battery compartment cap and by doing so, the scope drops all my settings. It's one of the still "outstanding" issues that need to be resolved.

I'm glade I cancelled my order for the X-sight. It sounds like a huge disappointment. Saving my pennies for thermal rifle sight.

I think you made the right decision, Jeff! I don't yet know where all this is going, but ATN better hunker down and get ready for some serious public relations issues stemming from the manner in which they have handled this product roll-out.

Whenever somebody tells me that they are looking at one of ATN's scopes, I will just remind them of how well their CS handled this mess and how well they treated their customers and politely explain that nobody should expect anything better from ATN.

Mike, I guess my question at this point would be: what if they never get it right? What do you think would be the right thing for them to do to settle the matter to your satisfaction? Anything short of a full refund? Or do you like the currently working features of the scope enough to settle for a sizable partial refund, or would you rather be rid of it completely? I'm just curious about how deep the wound goes over the problems you've put up with to this point.

OP

OP, I've had the Sight for 6 months, and there are things about it that I really like, especially the camera and video capability. It also holds its zero really well, so I can swap it between rifle platforms, change the X and Y coordinates and it's immediately shooting in the same hole. For ranges under 100 yards, at night, in my hunting environment, it serves me well. I guess that, right now, if ATN determines that the Sights are unfixable, I'd settle for a 50% refund or a swap for one of their higher end products. They do make products that work; I've got a few of them on other guns. But my first choice is for ATN to fix this Sight. It's potential is truly great.

ATN claims to have fixed the battery consumption issue, so I set my scope up with the correct information and am testing to see how long the batteries last while the Sight is in the "dormant" state; sitting in the safe with nothing turned on. So far it's gone 36 hours, and that's better than it has been in the past. We shall see.