Highlander

Bitter-Sweet

Went up to a buddy's goat farm in Stonewall yesterday to get away.

He mentioned that he's been seeing Axis so we went on a meat hunt and shot four (two does and two bucks) which I shot three of (sweet part)

He also mentioned that hogs are moving in again so we went spotlighting last night. Didn't see any hogs, but the polecat population has been thinned.

I am loving my 2013 PPL with Timney 3lb trigger, coupled with the 6.8, VXR 1.25-4 (pig plex) and 120 SST's (deadly combo)..........The one shot drop!

Oh yeah, the bitter part.....I had to come back home today and I don't have any pics for you guys

Highlander

Sorry, Highlander....but without photo-documentary evidence, this is all just here say. I'm not calling you a liar, it's just that tall tales abound here on the board so we have to be extremely critical of claims made with no photos to back it up.

Again, sorry, but your story goes into the "wishful thinking" file unless it can be substantiated with photos, sworn affidavits by two credible witnesses, or presentation to yours truly of at least a backstrap and a hide from one of them axis does!!! <hint, hint> <_<

Highlander next you come up Im me ill back up your story. Am half way between Fredericksurg and Stonewall.

No pics means you need to throw a Posse Axis BBQ!! :D

I hope you are saving the hides too!

Congrats!

Bob :P

Sorry, Highlander....but without photo-documentary evidence, this is all just here say. I'm not calling you a liar, it's just that tall tales abound here on the board so we have to be extremely critical of claims made with no photos to back it up.

Again, sorry, but your story goes into the "wishful thinking" file unless it can be substantiated with photos, sworn affidavits by two credible witnesses, or presentation to yours truly of at least a backstrap and a hide from one of them axis does!!! <hint, hint> <_<

Sorry TXMIKE, your post is flawed, I have made the needed correction and posted it below.

Again, sorry, but your story goes into the "wishful thinking" file unless it can be substantiated with photos, sworn affidavits by two credible witnesses, AND presentation to yours truly AND SHOOTER of at least a backstrap and a hide from one of them axis does!!! <hint, hint>

Highlander next you come up Im me ill back up your story. Am half way between Fredericksurg and Stonewall.

I'll have to look you up.

Pretty busy 24hrs -8 hrs of driving (round trip), farm chores, stalk hunting, cleaning, spotlighting, getting rained on, etc........Photos weren't on my mind. First thing my wife asked when I got home, where are the pics, but she let me off the hook when she opened the ice chest.

Since the Axis are free ranging (between Hwy 1, FM 1623 and FM 2721) and move from one property to another, when the call comes, you must move!

With the holidays coming, family gatherings, and work slowing down, the timing was perfect. :)

Highlander