AR-Patriot

New Brass Tumbler,a work in progress

This is my new brass tumbler project,I finally got to work on it some today.

This is a wet tumbler as I will be using SS media,water,dish soap and Lemmi shine as a cleaning agent. This is much superior to dry tumbling IMHO,as there is nothing but dirty water to get rid of. The dust off of my dry media really messes my sinuses up,so have been looking for an alternative. Since the SS media pretty much will last forever,and it cleans the brass in just a few hours,it will save me money in the long run. Will post more pics when I get it finished,thought you guys might like to see where I am at so far.

Patriot

the basic parts,minus 1 1/4" sq. tube for the frame

IMG_0231.jpg

the frame(I have to get the motor,determine rotation,before I can locate the motor frame

IMG_0232.jpg

Frame with Pillow Blocks mounted

IMG_0233.jpg

all together,drum in place

IMG_0234.jpg

Man, them are either BIG rattlers,or you are mighty small.You growing them for fun and profit,or just to keep the neighbors away?

Thanks,for the compliment,but can't take credit for design,got it off of AR-15.com.I should be able to do 700-800 .223's at once with it. I am going to be offering them for sale if anyone is interested. Will have pics and price on my website soon as I get the "Prototype" finished!

Patriot

Haha, funny story behind those two. Short-and-sweet is I walked up on them in mid march last year while hog hunting south of Hondo TX. I shot them both and skinned them out (after changing my pants)... :/

* I'm 6' 1"

AR-P

That looks like one heavy duty tumbler..........I guess when you aren't using it to clean brass, you can rent it out to mix concrete!! :D

Hadn't thought of that!!! but with 10lbs of SS media,eight lbs of water,800 cases and the 6 lb drum,it has to be pretty heavy duty!!!

Patriot

Have you finished your tumbler yet? I'm very interested in how it turned out and works.

no sir,I have been busy welding for MONEY!!!!!! Makes my wife happy,but sure interfeers with my fun stuff,I'll tell ya!

Got some light at the end of the tunnel,might get caught up and have some ME time in the shop,I hope. Will post as soon as I can,all I need to do is mount the motor,so shouldn't be too long.

Patriot

no sir,I have been busy welding for MONEY!!!!!!

Patriot

It's obvious you're not a Democrat or a liberal, then. You must do real work. I, myself, like to watch it every now and then. Look forward to seeing your finished product, actually.

No problem, I know the drill, bills first.

Jim,what's your motors RPM + your pulley sizes + distance between the mount + motor? If this is a trade secret I'll understand.....You can tell me later. Seriously though, I really want to see the results of this tumbler. It sounds like the next best thing since sliced bread.