Bennie

Xtreme Bullets

Has anyone ever used bullets from these guys , their product looks good , but looking for someone with personal experience with them !

From what I have found out , these are some pretty good bullets . I just bought 1000 40 cal . They have a good price and shipping is free ! Go take a look at www.extremebullets.com !!

Oh, Extreme bullets... I thought it was just Xtreme. . Yes, I have these loaded into my carry pistols. They are lead-free, they have a polymer tip that makes them feed as reliably as a FMJ (hollow points sometimes do not feed well in handguns), They shatter on impact, preventing ricochets and overpenetration. They are not cheap, and I can't find them anywhere lately.

Supposedly a very good hunting bullet as well.

Bandit

I think those are different Bandit , these are just plated bullets similar to Berry's bullets , but suppose to be a good product from what I have heard ! I got the hollow points , I shoot hollow points in my Glock 22 , 40 cal and they feed flawlessly and shoot really well !

You guys aren't carrying reloads in your personal defense guns,are you? If you have to use the pistol,the wrongful death lawyers will have a field day with that when they take you to court(and you WILL more than likely be sued by the "victims" family)

Massadd Ayoob,a former New York detective,Pistolero and I believe owner of the Lethal Force Institute and expert witness in shooting trials,authored a series of articles about what happens after you pull the trigger for Guns and Blammo a few years ago,and one of them dealt explicitly with that. It has been used against defensive shooters in court several times and got big judgements against them. The argument used is: "He wasn't satisfied with the Lethality of factory ammo,He had to load his own,more deadly ammo,thus proving a desire to kill another human being."
That is all they need in Wrongful death to sway the jury that you didn't have to kill,you wanted to.

Just unsolicited advice,take it or leave it as you will.

Patriot

Nope, AR, my Extreme rounds are factory ammo. Thanks for the warning, though! I will try to find the website of the manufacturer tonight.

I hope to take one of them there feral hogs next month with one of those Extreme bullets, in .45 ACP.

You guys aren't carrying reloads in your personal defense guns,are you? If you have to use the pistol,the wrongful death lawyers will have a field day with that when they take you to court(and you WILL more than likely be sued by the "victims" family)

Massadd Ayoob,a former New York detective,Pistolero and I believe owner of the Lethal Force Institute and expert witness in shooting trials,authored a series of articles about what happens after you pull the trigger for Guns and Blammo a few years ago,and one of them dealt explicitly with that. It has been used against defensive shooters in court several times and got big judgements against them. The argument used is: "He wasn't satisfied with the Lethality of factory ammo,He had to load his own,more deadly ammo,thus proving a desire to kill another human being."

That is all they need in Wrongful death to sway the jury that you didn't have to kill,you wanted to.

Just unsolicited advice,take it or leave it as you will.

Patriot

Exactly! I try to use whatever the local police use in my city. Here in san antonio, the last time I checked they carry speer gold dot. that is what i carry; maybe not the same grain bullet though.

I carry factories in all carry weapons . The other bullets of various brands I use are for practice or for future personal needs ! I read that report also !!

Now that would be XTREME!

Patriot

34.jpg

http://www.extremeshockusa.com/cgistore/store.cgi?page=/new/catalog.html&setup=1&ida=14&idp=0&his=0&cart_id=43334.1656

I just ordered a box of these FangFaced rounds from the website in post #9. They are a highly-frangible, Tungsten / NyTrilum comoposite that is compressed into it's hollow point shape. They are different from what I currently use, which is the ExtremeShock T-Max enhanced penetration round (no longer available in .45 ACP, as far as I can tell).

Looking forward to trying them out in a couple of weeks.

Bandit

Maybe that is one bright spot in all this shortage of ammo. If it ever came up in court you could just say" hey there was no ammo around to be had so I had to reload my own to keep from being defenseless."

I know what I would say. You mean they still make factory ammo! :o ...who knew I heard on the internet Obama banned it. :)