Bobcat

2013 World Predator, Wild Hog, and MSA Expo REPORT & PHOTOS!

2013 World Predator Calling Championship

The competition this year was as close and tight as I have ever seen anywhere! We had callers from all over the country competing.

There were two divisions, The Hunter Division and The Pro Division. The callers in both were excellent!

Posse member Rockinbbar, aka Barry Stewart, was in charge of the competition. He did a GREAT job!

Posse member Ragn-Cagn, aka Randy Reeves, emceed the competition for the fourth time and also did a bang up job!

This years Judges were Jeff Thomason, Randy Black, Bob Connell, Byron South, Gerald Stewart (all Posse members).

judges_zpsbcfac57e.jpg

Barry Stewart

BarryStewart3_zpsd06b05fb.jpg

Randy Reeves

RandyReeves_zps6d5c6619.jpg

It was a blind calling competition like we do at the Rendezous. The callers are up on stage and the judges are down below. Each judge has a cubby hole so we can't see the callers or what each other is scoring. I wasn't able to take photos during the contests so i will have to rely on some of y'all for that. All the competitions will be on Facebook shortly in video too!

Each Division had two separate contests, Distress Sounds and Coyote Vocalizations with winners in each category and an overall winner.

DSCN2579_zps5c5a6ba1.jpg

DSCN2587_zps7e7f0f2b.jpg

Randy and Barry reviewing the rules and procedures for the callers in the Hunter Division.

DSCN2586_zpsce8ac15a.jpg

Here are the Official Results from Barry for the Hunter Division.

HUNTER DIVISION

DISTRESS SOUNDS

1st Place~ Jerry Lavender

2nd Place~ Brandon Helms

3rd Place~ Steven Green

This was a TOUGH competition! I know that I heard some sounds that would have been much at home in the PRO Division of the contest! Rightfully so, as all three of the winners from this division will proceed to the PRO Division next year!

Coyote Vocalization Sounds

1st Place~ Jerry Lavender

2nd Place~ Jason Steerman

3rd Place~ Steven Green

From where I was, this category was even tougher than the Distress Sounds in the competition! Everyone that called knew their "Coyote" very well! The Judge panel scored the sounds very high indeed! Again, the winners will proceed to the PRO Division next year! Jerry Lavender ran away with this division! Congrats Jerry!

The Winners from both categories in the Hunter Division will receive a prize package from Scurry Outdoors South and the World Championship Calling Competiton that includes very nice awards, a cash prize and a prize package from the sponsors of the Expo!

Congrats to all the winners! Good Job! Proud of you all!

Please post up pictures of the winners as you can! Being onstage, I did not have much of a chance to get photos of the winners...

It was my pleasure to be the Calling Contest Director.
Mr. Randy Reeves did an excellent job as MC of the competition! Thank you Randy!

Official Score Keepers were Christopher Stewart & Angie Arthur.

There were no ties in the top placing callers.

Thanks go to Mr. A.P. Jones and All Predator Calls.com for being the Elite Sponsor of this event!

Barry Stewart

Here are the Official Results in the Pro Division.

PRO DIVISION

DISTRESS SOUNDS

1st Place~ Torry Cook

2nd Place~ John Paul Moody

3rd Place~ Jason Groseclose

When the Pros take the stage, things can get real tough! The scores from the Judges reflected that for sure.

Coyote Vocalization Sounds

1st Place~ Jason Groseclose

2nd Place~ John Paul Moody

3rd Place~ Torry Cook

When the scores were tabulated on both the Distress and Vocalization categories, the 5 callers with the combined top scores were advanced to the Overall Championship Round...The slate was wiped clean, and the top callers of the Overall Championship Round were placed by the judges scores as follows!

New World Champion! Matt McHugh from Wisconsin!

2nd Place~ Torry Cook

3rd Place~ Jason Groseclose

The most amazing thing about the whole competition is that Matt did not use ANY CALLS. He only used his voice! Way to go Matt!!

Barry and Matt

MattMcHugh_zps2174affa.jpg

Jeff Scurry, Matt McHugh, Ken Scurry, Barry Stewart

DSCN2714_zpsf85bd8af.jpg

The judging was very close and very hard. We did not have a bad caller in the group!

Some more of our great winners.

DSCN2704_zps1af8691f.jpg

DSCN2713_zpsea8936c3.jpg

DSCN2712_zps784cab1f.jpg

DSCN2710_zpsad9e5aeb.jpg

The MFK crew was barking and howling all weekend with their diaphragm calls. They did pretty well in the Calling Compitions too!

DSCN2664_zpsb9cc291c.jpg

DSCN2665_zpsab25ae24.jpg

DSCN2666_zpsf9cbfc9e.jpg

Luke Long was there with his new "Coyote Light". It is an awesome light!!!!!

DSCN2616_zpsf7a16094.jpg

I want to thank Ken and Jeff for the terrific job they did putting this together and running it so smoothly! The best news of the weekend is that the response was so good that the Expo is coming back here next year even bigger and better!!

Thank to all who worked so hard!!

Congrats to all our Calling Competition Winners for 2013!!!!

Bob :P

Ken packed up and headed back to Georgia in the Expomobile..........

KensTruck_zps434dbccb.jpg

It was a great show for those that missed it . It was fun to talk to some old friends and meet some new ones . I'll be back !!