Bobcat

2013 World Predator, Wild Hog, and MSA Expo REPORT & PHOTOS!

This was my first time to attend the World Predator, Wild Hog, and Modern Sporting Arms Expo! It was this past weekend in Waco, Texas at the Convention Center. Ken and Jeff Scurry took it over from Brent Reub and brought it to Texas!! I was honored when Ken asked me to come up and be one of the Judges for the World Predator Calling Competition. I arrived early Friday morning and set up our Posse booth. SHOOTER was supposed to come and help me man the booth, but he ended up getting a very nasty case of the flu.

I want to give a special shout out to Ken and Jeff Scurry and the Expo vendors. They held auctions over two days with vendor donated items to raise money for the folks in West, Texas. Over $12,000 was raised.

I lost count of the number of Posse members we had there this weekend. EVEN John Dickey made it....of course he lives in Waco! :D It was nice seeing John since he had to miss this years Rendezvous. He has been consulting on a new Bigfoot movie that is currently filming.

Her is a shot of JD in the booth.

DSCN2619_zpsc7e034e9.jpg

MikeI and Miss Sheila were the first two to show up. Check the hog forum and you will see how he spent the rest of the day!

MikeI_zps11dc795d.jpg

Ragn-cagn, aka Randy Reeves, was there all weekend. He was representing NPHA and was Emceeing the Calling Competition again.

Randy and his wife.

RandyReeves-RajnCajn_zps12658b49.jpg

Sarge was next to show up with his whole squad. They are all going on the Posse Javelina & Predator Hunt in two weeks. Miss Tif loaded up on all the things she needed to get ready including a Bog-Pod Tri-Pod, HS Tri-Pod Stool, and one of each T-Shirt there that had any pink in it!!

Killemall, Miss Tif, JSanders, Sarge

Sargeetall640_zps76b37fff.jpg

Bobcat, Miss Tiff, Sarge

Sarge-Tiffp-Bobcat640_zps1d19cafe.jpg

Miss Tiff's pile of goodies building up.

DSCN2624_zps7dc14999.jpg

Posse member Jeremy Harrison had a booth for his West Texas Big Bobcat Contest. The Posse is doing a Javelina & Predator Hunt with Jeremy in two weeks. He got to meet 7 of the ten hunters this weekend.

WTBBCJeremy640_zps03e8aa10.jpg

Next on the scene were Bennie and BAB!!! While we were catching up, a ghost from the past arrived, Jason El Paso! Jason had been away from the board for a while and spent some time in Bermuda because of his wife's job. He is now living up the Metroplex. We had not seen each other for 13 years, although we have been keeping up with each other.

Jason El Paso, BAB, and Bennie

DSCN2625_zps7d5c5071.jpg

While Bennie and BAB were still at the booth Bosco Garrett, aka mod1x, and his family arrived.

DSCN2626_zpsc19d68b3.jpg

The biggest Posse member "surprise" arrival was non other than Wildart, aka Bob Wilkins, from Wildlife Artistry Taxidermy!! Bob has been battling back from some serious health issues the past many months and I didn't know Miss Dodie was unleashing him on the public again. He looks great and we had a great visit!

DSCN2620_zpsb8775628.jpg

Jhop showed up with a new Posse member. He has been out in the field killing coyotes and hogs with Tinker a lot lately! Jhop is on the left.

DSCN2627_zps929a56ff.jpg

Posse member Clark Osborne, the co-owner of Tactical Hog Control and owner of Cottonwood Armory had a great booth including his "stealth ranger".

Clark peering through the stealthmobile. He has anything you may need for night vision hunting. They are now building suppressors too!

DSCN2634_zps20f9a956.jpg

DSCN2636_zps9bfec0e5.jpg

DSCN2633_zps99b83207.jpg

The Posse booth was next door to Hunters Specialties & Posse member Gerald Stewart's booth. It was great seeing and catching up with Gerald. He was one of the other judges for the calling too.

Gerald is on the left. Joe from HS is on the far right.

DSCN2668_zps3baa1b86.jpg

Soon to be Posse member Matt Martinez was there in the booth across from us representing the Texas Dog Hunters Association. Matt calls a lot with Posse Pro Staff Member Minikills, aka Jason Mann.

MattMartinez_zpse9c7dbf2.jpg

We got there so early the vendors were still setting up, but I could sense the enthusiasm! Even Ms. Sheila, who's not exactly a hard core hog whacker or predator hunter, said it was very interesting. Everyone we talked to was upbeat and excited about the chance to show their products and talk about their services. If you were unable to attend this show, I strongly recommend that you do whatever it takes to make sure you catch the next one!

On Sunday morning I was getting ready to head over for the finals in the Calling Competition when guess who popped out of nowhere, my number one helper from the Rendezvous Miss Kailyn!!

DSCN2669_zps6a95c0df.jpg

Soon after her Tinker showed up, followed by Brian Trussel, and StevenTexas!

L to R: Bobcat, Tinker, Kailyn, Brian, Steve

DSCN2671_zps1438a00e.jpg

Posse member Seth Skinner was also there competing and with their booth for Take 'Em Out Productions. Posse member TJ Shockler had the TS Predator Calls booth right next door.

Here are Seth and his dad Ron "Ol Fart" Skinner-1977 World Calling Champion.

DSCN2674_zps45e14620.jpg

DSCN2602_zpse09b5605.jpg

Posse members Todd and Steve Borland were there with a booth showing off all the new Minaska electronic 24-bit callers. Todd and Steve got full control of Minaska back and have redesigned their callers. Everything is once again centralized in one place at their Nebraska headquaters.

Todd and Steve.

DSCN2682_zps13ede5a8.jpg

DSCN2681_zps480924fb.jpg

Steve Criner, the Dog Soldier, was there with his crew. It was great to get caught up with Steve!

You couldn't miss his rig with the dead coyote hanging off it! My first thought was that this is going to start stinking pretty quick! Talk about some "out of the box taxidermy".

DSCN2575_zps1d89af8f.jpg

Here is a closer shot with Dog Soldier Cory Groff next to it.

CoreyGroff_zpsc19e9ee1.jpg

Steve and the Dog Soldier Crew!

DSCN2645_zps21130d7b.jpg

The FOXPRO crew was "entertaining as usual"! :D

Mike Dillon and Abner Druckenmiller had unexpected issues develop and couldn't be there. In fact, Abner got there and had to turn around fly home. In other words, they left the "Foxes" in the hen house. Big Al Morris, FOXPRO Pro Staffer and World Famous Predator Killer and TV Icon took the reigns along with Field Staffers and Posse Members Brian Trussel and Randy Watson. Al and Brian somehow managed to get out each night and kill some coyotes and raccoons too.

Randy, Bobcat, Big Al

DSCN2612_zps549a458b.jpg

DSCN2614_zps15de6c80.jpg

This was my favorite moment of the whole weekend. To show you just how famous and beloved Big Al Morris is, even Gerald Stewart pays homage to him! :D:wub::D

Gerald-BigAl640_zpsfd48c32e.jpg

Can you tell we were all having a great time!!

Craig Mier, aka Heli-Hunter there with "Blue". Craig is the one who took Jeff Thomason and the boys from DPMS up in that airborne episode of "Predator Pursuit" we all saw a few weeks ago.

DSCN2652_zpsbecdefe6.jpg

DSCN2653_zps6eb7d84f.jpg

Brian "Pig Man" Quaca did a great seminar on pig hunting and calling. He also had a booth set up with a great staff!

DSCN2680_zps8fbc54fb.jpg

DSCN2655_zpse5706809.jpg

Nathan Nelson, soon to be Posse member and founder of Hunts with out Heroes had a booth. They have provided 150+ hunts in their first 24 months!!

Thanks Nathan for all you do!!

Here is the link: http://www.hwoh.org/

DSCN2675_zpsbde6cfbb.jpg

MOJO Outdoors was there too! I never could catch Byron South in the booth. He was always busy elsewhere. Byron was another one of the judges for the Calling Championship.

Mojo_zps5cb0046d.jpg

The various on stage seminars throughout the weekend were great. Here a few random pics.

DSCN2588_zps42afb477.jpg

DSCN2578_zpsd9633723.jpg

DSCN2591_zpsd72b45d3.jpg

DSCN2677_zps01693297.jpg