1911(2-click)Bandit

Sniper Hog Lights Customer Service-resolution update!

I know that many hunters have gravitated to the Wicked brand of lights, and there certainly are other great brands out there. I would like to talk about my experience with Sniper Hog Lights and their customer service.

I got my first Sniper Hawg Destroyer model several years ago, in red. Over the last few years, I have bought a green and then a white Destroyer model, and I have used their batteries and chargers. I was happy enough with my experiences that a few weeks ago, I ordered 2 Mini-snipers in white LED and another green Destroyer model.

The Mini's were what I had been expecting, but the quality of the green Destroyer had really plummeted. In the halo of this light, there are very many dark rings, which affect the performance of the light. None of my earlier Destroyer models have these dark circles in the halo. It is as if the reflector has flaws in it.

Customer service told me to send it back, at my expense, and they would inspect it. Send it back I did, and return the exact same poor quality light to me is what they did. I know it is the same light because in the center of the lens, there is a fog that won't go away, the dark rings are still in the halo (this light has nowhere near the beam as my 3 yr. old green Destroyer), and at the bottom of the battery tube, there are the same marks as in the one I sent in. These marks look as if someone used a hammer and a tapered drift during assembly. There was no note from Sniper Hog explaining anything. This must be their new "normal".

As a result, I am their newest ex-customer.

Bandit

It's a real shame, Bandit, but it appears that bad, to indifferent customer service is becoming the norm! On the positive side, this trend offers a great opportunity for small and start-up companies to gain market share by offering the very best in customer service. It can be a true differentiator within the marketplace!

Thanks for the feedback. I am always sorry to hear about declining quality and customer service............

Bob :P

MikeI, it appears that the Wicked brand has won over many people here, for exactly the reasons that you have described.

Bobcat, there has been plenty of positive feedback on the Posse forums about the Wicked brand, as well as a few others. One would have to dig very deep to find positive feedback concerning Sniper Hog. I should have ventured into another brand, but I am not known for making the right decisions (hence, the 2-click moniker! lol)

2-click

2-Click, as the saying goes: "We grow so old fast; so wise slowly!" I'm living proof of it!

Dang, sorry you had such a sorry experience with them.

I myself had an issue with the 2 position switch with coiled up cord on my green destroyer back when I was in the Gatesville area. I called them and they replaced it free of charge, shipped it to me within a few days, and even called to make sure I was happy with my replacement.

Hopefully it was just a mistake on someones part and not new standard operating procedures.

I am happy that you are happy with them, f4f, but I am not going to try any further to find out if this was an unusual occurence, or if it's the way they are now doing business.

As the saying goes... fool me once... :rolleyes:

My next light will be another brand.

2-click

I am happy that you are happy with them, f4f, but I am not going to try any further to find out if this was an unusual occurence, or if it's the way they are now doing business.

As the saying goes... fool me once... :rolleyes:

My next light will be another brand.

2-click

If you need a new green module let me know since ours are compatible with them.

I just might do that, thanks, but I don't know how to get the thing apart...does the big hex on the LED end unscew? Mine is pretty tight, maybe too tight for me.

In the meantime, I have taken a leap of faith towards the Wicked brand, based on my close association with, and trust in, MiniKills. The gear will arrive today.

Bandit

Im sure you will be happy with them Chris. I hope you get some use of them drawing some blood pretty soon!

I like everything that I have found about the W400's, Minikills. The ability to charge these batteries while still in the flashlight, the ease of swapping out to a different color of LED, the high quality of the reflector, and the pricing are all good. I have also talked with Eric from All Predator customer service and found that Customer Service is very helpful, and very available.

Thanks again for your help on this :)

There are only a few things I can do here in Suburbia to try them out, but they will definitely get tested in August!

2-Click

I know that many hunters have gravitated to the Wicked brand of lights, and there certainly are other great brands out there. I would like to talk about my experience with Sniper Hog Lights and their customer service.

I got my first Sniper Hawg Destroyer model several years ago, in red. Over the last few years, I have bought a green and then a white Destroyer model, and I have used their batteries and chargers. I was happy enough with my experiences that a few weeks ago, I ordered 2 Mini-snipers in white LED and another green Destroyer model.

The Mini's were what I had been expecting, but the quality of the green Destroyer had really plummeted. In the halo of this light, there are very many dark rings, which affect the performance of the light. None of my earlier Destroyer models have these dark circles in the halo. It is as if the reflector has flaws in it.

Customer service told me to send it back, at my expense, and they would inspect it. Send it back I did, and return the exact same poor quality light to me is what they did. I know it is the same light because in the center of the lens, there is a fog that won't go away, the dark rings are still in the halo (this light has nowhere near the beam as my 3 yr. old green Destroyer), and at the bottom of the battery tube, there are the same marks as in the one I sent in. These marks look as if someone used a hammer and a tapered drift during assembly. There was no note from Sniper Hog explaining anything. This must be their new "normal".

As a result, I am their newest ex-customer.

Bandit

Bandit, I'm really sorry this happened to you. I'm not sure how it happened because I'm the one who got your return and sent you the new light in it's place. I must have mixed up the light you sent us with the one I was going to send and sent you back the same light by mistake. This should never happen but it obviously did and I'm very sorry about that. We would like a chance to make things right with you by having you send it back, we will cover the shipping. Then when our new lights come out in Mid September I will send you one of our new 50LR lights or our 66LR lights, your choice. You can check out the new lights on our website. The new lights will shine a lot further, have a adjustable beam so you can go from a spot beam to a flood beam and easy change LED modules so you can change the color. Our new lights also will shine alot further than wicked lights will. If you are interested in giving Sniper Hog Lights another chance please email me again and I will take care of it.

Robert Pecht / Sniper Hog Lights

none of my affair,but I would say they are going above and beyond trying to be fair!Might have to take a look at their product next time I am looking for a light!

Patriot

Agreed, AR! Mistakes do happen, even with the most careful attention to customer satisfaction. As a 35 year veteran of IBM's customer satisfaction team, I know that screw-ups occur. The important thing is that a genuine effort to "make it right" takes place, immediately, and to the customer's complete satisfaction. My rule of thumb was "under-promise and over-deliver" in all customer dealings. Sounds like Sniper Hog Lights is going the extra mile to make it right!