jdickey

Alton Jones Rattlesnake Adventure

Reckon I'll be taking my LONG rods for that lake! Kinda spooky, as we usually don't think to look out for those little devils on the water.

Calvin

Rattlesnakes are good swimmers. Years ago a water skier was killed by multiple rattler bites up in Colorado. She skied through a "ball" of them coming out of hibernation apparently and thought she had hit some barbed wire.

Bob :P

Rattlesnakes are good swimmers. Years ago a water skier was killed by multiple rattler bites up in Colorado. She skied through a "ball" of them coming out of hibernation apparently and thought she had hit some barbed wire.

Bob :P

reminds me of Lonesome Dove. Those were water moccasins though. Nasty!

That's very cool. I have yet to see my first live Rattlesnake. It is on the list of things I will eat before I'm dead. Every time I'm in Texas I keep my fingers crossed!

Yeah, well, I'll cross my fingers and hope you get my share,if you want em so bad. Had my first close call when I was 8,if the bugger hadn't been wrapped around a fence post,would have nailed me.He was "in the blind" and striking everywhere! Hated the durned things ever since, and since folks say they taste like chicken,I've tasted chicken,like it ,so see no sense in eating some belly crawler.'Course my old pappy used to tell me"boy,you get hongry enough,you'll eat pert near anythin'." But I'm saving snakes,possum,and skunk for REALLY hard times!!!!!!

Patriot