Call Killer

.22 Magnum.......where is some?

I know most of you guys are concerned with 223/308/9mm/40cal and such, but I'm just trying to find some rimfire ammo. Looking for the Cheap .22 Magnum rounds, Winchester "Predator," to keep my limited skills honed. Not even finding any .22 LR, which I like for the same purpose.

Any leads for some, at a Decent Price, within 60 miles of Brownwood?

I know I'm picky about price, but I have a hard time spending $15-$20+ for .22 Mag that I used to get for $10 or less.

Thanks for the help,

Calvin

Well, Calvin,

If it is any consulation, I can only relay a story I once heard about the War on Drugs. It seems it was the popular opinion of those folks that were "intimately connected" to the War on Drugs (on either side) that the best thing to happen to the illicit drug market was the US declaring "WAR" on it. Apparently, the results of the "war" were that the drugs were now more plentiful, cheaper, and of higher quality than ever before.

This same phenomena seems to apply to the War on Poverty (well, maybe not cheaper but dang sure more plentiful and higher payouts!) and the War on Terror.

So, my guess is that soon we will have more guns and ammo available than we know what to do with if the current Idiot in Chief keeps at his attacks on the 2nd Amendment!

They had a few boxes at wally world in stephenville the other day !!

If you ever make it to Waco Keith's Hardware has a good stock as does Unique Guns.

Thanks guys!

Bennie - We are headed for the Ville directly, so I'll just have to see if they still have any.....Wish me luck, lol :biggrin:

Calvin

I hate to tell all my secret but expensive ammo spots. a lot of times you will have to knock the dust of a box of ammo at hardware stores and feed stores. there is only to place to buy ammo in fairfield, the trading post and they are just about out, the feed store-hardware, and they are fully stocked.

I think the best thing to do is be prepared (money in your pocket) to buy whenever you run across ammo or reloading items for sale. We went to Cabellas in Ft. Worth Saturday after a school archery shoot and tried to find some reloading stuff. The shelves were bare, I did pickup 1K CCI large rifle primers and a box of Hornady A-Max for my 264 Win. Mag. They have a limit of 2K primers and no more than 2 cans of powder of one type.

I went to Ace Hardware this morning, and looked over their ammo selection...pretty bare, but I did manage to pick up some .22 mag shotshells at a pretty good price. They had a lot of odds and ends, depending on what you want. No 30-30 or .243 or 30-06, but they do have 3 boxes of .270 Remington Express Core-locts in 150 grain for about $21 a box, high for last year, maybe cheap for now. I'm thinking about going back and buying them, as I am short on 4831 powder for reloading my .270, and only have a couple of boxes in reserve. 150 grains is not my favorite, but it beats blowing spit-wads down the barrel at a 300 lb. boar. If you have an Ace Hardware, it might be worth the trip. Most people don't think of it for sporting goods, at least I didn't until recently.

Timbo, thanks for the heads up. I was planing on going over there on saturday.

They had the primers sort of hidden on a employee work station end cap. I had to ask if they were for sale.

Got a box or Mags at Star Arms in Stephenville this afternoon............they only allow 1 box per caliber right now. $13.95 each.........if I'm remembering right.

Calvin