Bobcat

MOJO Double Trouble in the Field!-Review

I first saw the MOJO Double Trouble on MOJO Outdoors TV with Posse member Byron South calling in a lot of critters with it. I got to see it in person at our last Texas Predator Posse Rendezvous in March 2011. Byron brought his prototype with him and did a demonstration for us.

MOJO fine tuned various prototypes over two seasons before going into production. I received one of the callers from the first production run. Terry Denmon, President of MOJO, and Byron “Coming to the Call” South asked me to put it through its paces.

I got the unit, charged it up, and played with it at the house. I like the design, sound, and ease of use. It has three retractable tripod legs that store inside the unit. This allows you to get the caller up above ground level to get the sound out better and make it easier for the predators to see. It has 20 volume “steps”. The remote is simple and easy to use. It features 4 pre-sets so you can just push the button to play your 4 favorite sounds at the specific volume you want to start with. I will use this 80 percent of the time. The DT comes with 50 sounds and will hold up to 1000 sounds. I won’t have more than 60 finally loaded, if that many, on mine. The sound software is easily downloaded and easy to use. The DT uses 8 AA batteries. I recommend using the re-chargeables. You can then just plug in the DT to recharge it with the charger that comes with the caller. The remote uses 3 AA batteries. The “window” on the DT lights up red for night calling. There is also a remote speaker jack if you want to use an external speaker.

The Double Trouble also has a MOJO Critter (my favorite motorized decoy) built in on the top of the caller. The “Critter” connects magnetically and is very easy to get on and off. It stores in a space in the handle. The decoy is controlled from the remote.

The Double Trouble sells for $399.95. AllPredatorCalls.com carries them.

I got to hunt with the Double Trouble for the first time last weekend in south Texas. My calling partner and I called in 6 coyotes and shot 5 in spite of 30 MPH winds for the first six hours. It was easy to use and the batteries lasted all night (11 hours).

I am looking forward to a good season this year with the Double Trouble!

Bob :P

Double Trouble

DT.jpg

DTremote.jpg

DTremotescreen.jpg

DSCN1711.jpg

Great review Bob!

It sounds like you put it to work!!

Thanks for sharing!

Bob

Ive been reading up on several different calls and made up my mind yesterday. I ordered the MOJO Double Trouble last night. Sure glad to see you think its a good one too.I should be giving mine a workout next week after it arrives.

I checked it out at the last Rondy and thought it was a cool idea and looked like it was well made. If I did not already have a caller I would consider buying one. I wonder if they are going to make a camo case for it one day?

Timbo.

UPS Dropped off myMOJO last night gonna take it out tommorow night and see what I can call in.

Hey Bob... are you considering taking Carl Barnes out in the field with you when you test this caller? He would be able to give it the ultimate durability workout! ^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^

I got a chance to go out Sunday evening for awhile and tried out the MOJO.I was mostly playing around with the different sounds to see what I liked.Did call in 2 coons about 30 minutes after i got set up they wont be raiding my feeders anymore.It was windy and hot so gave up and tried again Monday AM Called in 1 coyote but never got a shot he was staying in the brush.Weather is suppose to be much cooler this weekend so will go again on Sunday night and give it another try.So far Im impressed the sounds I tried sound good.

Think I might order one, too. They look pretty cool and would be great for thinning out our coyote population :angry::angry::angry:

Here is what the external speaker looks like in action. It has a mounting bracket the attached to the caller so you don't have to be bothered with lugging the speaker around by itself. Good thinking!

Bob :P

doubletrouble-speaker.jpg

doubletroublespeaker2.jpg

doubletroublespeaker3.jpg