MO_Piggin

First Kill with Blowgun

Ben has been trying to get video of a squirrel kill with his blowgun for over a year. He finally got his footage this afternoon. Ranchdog has one of these blowguns so any squirrels in his vicinity need to look out!

kill shot

post-19021-0-08507300-1349909651_thumb.jpg

post-19021-0-08507300-1349909651_thumb.jpg

No squirrels in our neighborhood. I did try it on a coon. No kill but he got kinda POed. He got over that after a short conversation with a .22.:biggrin:

Cool! :):) Blowguns are a lot of fun to shoot. That's a big squirrel!

Cool! :):) Blowguns are a lot of fun to shoot. That's a big squirrel!

That thing is a monster. If baiting wasn't illegal in Missouri, I'd guess that he had spent a lot of time on a corn pile!

Forgive my ignorance here.

Are these darts expanding or poison? What sort of distance are you when shooting the squirrels?

The darts have a small broad head. The kill range is inside of ten yards. Ben just uses his to pass the time while waiting for deer and turkeys in his blind.

The darts have a small broad head. The kill range is inside of ten yards. Ben just uses his to pass the time while waiting for deer and turkeys in his blind.

Thank you for humoring ne. I've not messed with darts or blowguns. Very cool tool to pass the time tho

Man Thats awesome right there! :) :) :) That thing would definately be Boone and Crockett if there were such a thing for squirrels!!!

Man Thats awesome right there! :):):) That thing would definately be Boone and Crockett if there were such a thing for squirrels!!!

And you thought things were bigger in TX... :D

The darts have a small broad head. The kill range is inside of ten yards.

Probably work well on those shrimp you're raising, too. They should be as big as squirrels by now. ^_^

The shrimp didn't end up as big as we hoped, but they were still decent.