Bobcat

2013-4th Posse Black Bear Hunt #1

We are going on our 4th Posse Black Bear Hunt!

This will be a fall black bear hunt in New Mexico!! We will be hunting again with Posse member Joe Troyer, aka Lil Joe’s Big Game Hunting!

The hunt will start on opening day of bear season, August 16th, 2013. Joe agreed to let the Posse have this first hunt of the year again!

It will be a 5-day hunt. We will meet Joe late Wednesday afternoon, August 15th, in Capitan, New Mexico and drive up to camp. Joe will have a spike camp all ready for us with sleeping tents and a cook tent. We will be bringing our own food and do our own cooking as usual. We get up at 4:00 A.M. and start hunting at sunrise on Thursday and hunt through Monday. We usually get back after dark with a midday break. We will be hunting with great bear dogs. We all need to be in shape for this one! Joe has had 100% success on this hunt the past few years with bears ranging from 200 pounds to 400 pounds including many color phase bears (all 4 of us got color phase bears on the last hunt)!

We will be hunting in the Lincoln National Forest in Units 36 & 37.

The hunt is just $2200 (most outfitters are charging $2500-$3000). It includes 5 full days of hunting, lodging, 2 guides and dogs, field dressing, and skinning & freezing the bears. The License and Stamps are $335.

The first 4 Posse members to go to the sign-up thread, register, and send me their initial non-refundable deposit are going to be going bear hunting!! You can either mail me the full $1100 deposit (preferred) or you can send $400 now, $400 by December 1st, and $300 by January 15th.

NOTE: We will have 2 groups of Posse Members hunting back to back, Hunt #1 and Hunt #2. I will stay over to be with the 2nd group of 4 Posse members in camp as an observer/photographer. The first hunt must be fully booked before anyone can sign up for the 2nd hunt!

I can’t wait!!

Bob :P

Here are some of the bears we took on our 2012 Posse Hunt.

DSCN1448.jpg

GWBear.jpg

amigosbear.jpg

amigosbearflat.jpg

BobbyBear.jpg

We have had one spot open up on this hunt!

The first member to go to the sign up thread and register is going bear hunting!! :)

This hunt is fully booked.

Y'all should be getting your contracts from Joe. Please get them back to him ASAP.

Thanks,