Bobcat

Your Predator Hunting High Racks

I see one of these in my future. I drive a 2008 Tacoma mine will probably be similar to the one above!

Only took us a year to finally get this finished but now that it's done I love it. Our hunting truck is white so we had to come up with a way to cut the glare without breaking the bank. After a lot of thought we came up with a plan that was free and even came with a built in scent blocker.

post-19831-0-33575300-1361982143_thumb.jpeg

post-19831-0-91095400-1361982182_thumb.jpeg

post-19831-0-38266500-1361982233_thumb.jpeg

post-19831-0-02633100-1361982272_thumb.jpeg

post-19831-0-33575300-1361982143_thumb.jpeg

post-19831-0-91095400-1361982182_thumb.jpeg

post-19831-0-38266500-1361982233_thumb.jpeg

post-19831-0-02633100-1361982272_thumb.jpeg

Here is my "solo" night hunting rig!
I rarely have anyone to hunt with during the day so the occasional night hunt is almost always a solo act!

Working the light, call and the rifle can be tough by yourself!

Now this is done on a very limited budget!
I modified this custom hunting tripod, that was going to be throw out by a friend, to fit into the bed of my Ranger. I then had my brother in law make a rifle rest that mounts in bewteen the seat and swivel so it swivels with me.
The main focus when I started on the project was
1) to get something that I could load and unload by myself
2) to creat something that would allow solo hunts
3) do all of this on almost NO budget! :unsure:
I can secure my rifle on the rest and focus on the call and the light. I just finished it and have only taken it out once but so far so good! I think I have maybe $50 in this so far!

I have a light mounted to my scope that helps with identifying the target for the kill shot, now I just need to upgrade my scan light!

It is a bit redneck but it works for me! :D

Huntingrig4.jpg

Huntingrig1.jpg

"redneck," or not, if it works for you, it's a good rig

Holy snapping duck manure! I can just imagine what someone from the NSW Highway patrol would say about that! Perhaps you could say it was a game fishing chair for use on the beach? Don't think you would get away with it though. Numberplate recognition software fitted to all highway patrol cars cross-checks with owner's license details and as you need a Police firearms license in NSW, that comes up as well. Warrants and unpaid fines also pop up on the computer screen and you can be checked on while you drive.

I hear they (the Australian company that developed the system) are selling the technology to various states in the US. Red light cameras, speed cameras, heavy vehicle average speed calculators, it's all there. Be naughty and get a photo and fine in the mail.

But ...... it's a great chair! Mate, I love it!!!

Luckily here in Texas noboy would think much about seeing this in a truck!
Other then thinking the owner was a redneck maybe! :cool:

And by the way, what is causing your "holy duck manure" to snap? :unsure:

Maybe the NSW Highway patrol needs to take a look at that and leave the hunters down under alone!

Just teasin mate!

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Nah, it's the Duck that snaps, not the manure. The manure slides better than grease when you tread on it!

Definitely a game fishing chair for beach fishing, although fishing falls into the same area as hunting down here.

Anyway, I like the chair!

Finally got a dedicated truck for our rack, still need new rack covering.

IMG_0462_zpsa1fa3c3f.jpg

IMG_0460_zpsc6edbb78.jpg

We bolted it thru the frame but still used the tie down straps, just for peace of mind. We didn't have the truck covered last year, as you'll notice in pics from my post about the Feb WTBBC, it was white. The covering is Tan LineX Extra, and I think it makes a huge difference as we seemed to find out 2 weeks ago(story to be posted below in this forum). We also changed all the in-rack gun racks to vertical and moved them inside the rack, after shaving one off on a low hanging live oak one night.

The owner gave the truck a name....

IMG_0899_zps1fe1bd5e.jpg

If you don't know about "Ol Greg", it's BBC Comedy character that was viral a few years back, particularly popular with younger folks than me. We showed this video to the ranch foreman and he did not understand why the truck was named such....nobody knows. If you've got 10 minutes to waste....FAIR WARNING, it's quite strange and doesn't make a lot of sense... http://youtu.be/eIInySnQe4I

RAY..... Nice looking rig, but I would like to make a suggestion. Put a rail around it.

Back in the day, I to hunted without a rail , mostly by myself, and more times than I care to admit, I found myself dusting the wonderful sand from the Sandhills of west Texas off myself. The first few times, wasn't a big deal. It then dawn on me, that I wasn't getting any younger and it seemed the prickly pear and mesquite were growing longer needles to impale me with.

All it takes is one misstep, a sling catching on the chair etc, etc for an accident to happen and the outcome could be life altering.

Just my .02

Bwana,

Already in the works.....had already considered it and then we took it for it's inaugural hunt. Now it's a sure thing. I ain't getting any younger either and I sure don't bounce as high as I used to.

Here is my rack that i built this past summer... Will hold 5 people easily. I've added more upgrades since these pics were taken

post-22546-0-92632800-1421776092.jpg

post-22546-0-02008100-1421776094.jpg

post-22546-0-39291200-1421776094.jpg

post-22546-0-85625800-1421776094.jpg

Pictured with the seats removed. Goal was to be light enough for one man to load if necessary, but still be a stable shooting platform.

D6BEDE1F-D0B8-4714-907E-BE11B5583D01_zps

As much rain as we've had this spring, can't get to a lot of my places even with a 4 wheel drive truck...solution:

D21A6B18-676A-46A7-8C02-CA610D193725_zps