Live Oak

Retirement party

It did not appear that the pigs were going to attend. Not being real particular who I party with this boar coon showed up. I waited till he was facing me, put the red dot on his chin, did the blink and jerk. One of us was just not quit square as he still has part of his face left. 458 Lott 500gr Hornady Interlock.

903ipk.jpg

Sitting in the blind on a cool night is way better than watching the tube!!

Wow.

I don't know which is worse: the fact I wasn't invited to the party or the face lift you performed without a medical license!

.... Rofl..... Thanks for the laugh. Love the story. And you didn't miss much on the tube anyway. My DVR is empty so nothing important was missed.

I know you are a big bore guy Live Oak but don't you have something a little smaller?smiliesmack.gifsmiliesmack.gifsmiliesmack.gif Ah well, that's what happens when a coon shows up at a pig party. smiley-leering-yellow.gifsmiley-leering-yellow.gifsmiley-leering-yellow.gif

Boyhowdy, I'd hate to see what you bring our for Elephant or Cape Buffalo! <_<<_<<_<

And here I thought me using .223 or .243 w/ 55-80 grain was over kill :unsure:

HVFD

Airhog I have a 375 Ruger I use every other time!! Its all in the mind's eye! Could you dump a ton of cubes, sit in a blind, and wait on a cape buffalo? Yes, would you still call them the "black death"? NO Tom T. Hall said it best, " You cant rollskate in a buffalo herd but you can be happy if you'ave a mind to"! If I could afford to hunt "dangerous game" I could probably afford a double rifle in over 50 Cal. Maybe 505 Gibbs!

Hey Liveoak,

That was a Roger Miller song,not Tom T.!

Patriot

Im one of the big bore nuts too.I hunt hogs with a 416 Ruger or my 45/120 Sharps at least half of the time. The rest of the time I use one of my TC Contenders or my S&W 460 Mag.

Some years ago I had Dakota Arms make me a 416 Dakota Magnum. I had a muzzle brake installed on it and it is a classy looking gun. Now I also have a 375 H&H Magnum Browning Stainless Stalker. I would rather shoot the Dakota Magnum 20 times as opposed to the 375. It (the Browning) truly hurts, but the Dakota is a sweety.

BTW, if any of you are interested in buying a Dakota Magnum with 4 boxes of brass/shells for around $7500.00 let me know. It is cherry. Oh yes, I almost forgot...........it is left handed as well. :biggrin:

Rick

30-30 for me on the hogs. Just like being in the field with one. I think it's enough for coons, too.

And I thought my 7mm mag was a bit much for grey fox.....hmmm....guess not... :rolleyes: