Sign in to follow this  
claysdaddy

Mosin-Nagant

Someone from my office bought one a few months ago but there were only two in the store, his and his son-in-law's. I'm interested as they are of the era my father is interested in and very affordable, I believe my colleague paid about $120 for his. I understand there is a good supply of the rifles in the U.S., most authentic from the 1940s and preserved in Kosmoline, I just have not been able to locate one in a reasonable distance from Houston. If anyone knows where there may be some rifles for sale I am interested in knowing where I could pick one up. Thanks

claysdaddy,

They are very common; very easy to find, especially in a metro area like Houston. Call a few of the bigger gun stores. Best bet, for the best price, is to go to a large gun show. The last one I went to in San Antonio there were 2-3 dealers who had 15-20 MG's on display. And the $120 price range is good; you may be able to do better, but compare condition before you jump on a $90 special. Bring a bore light with you so you can peek down the barrel to see if anything is growing there! Google Mosin Nagant Houston TX. Here's a list of Texas Gun Shows: http://www.gunshowminute.com/tx/#tiptop

Try these:

#

Samco Mosin Nagant 91/30 Sniper Rifle - Houston, TX - Glock Talk

2 posts - 1 author - Last post: Nov 19, 2010

Samco Mosin Nagant 91/30 Sniper Rifle - Houston, TX Firearms Listings. ... $700.00 FTF in Houston area. If you want more pictures let me ...

www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1274539 - Cached

Mosin Nagant Scout Build‎

WTS Beautiful Mosin Nagant Sporter package with scope and ammo ...‎

WTS Beautiful Mosin Nagant Sporter w/scope and ammo, Houston TX ...‎

WTS Finnish Model 39 Mosin-Nagant Houston Texas‎

More results from glocktalk.com »

Get more discussion results

#

Mosin Nagant in the Houston area???? - XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD ...

10 posts - 5 authors - Last post: Jun 13, 2008

I'm looking for a place to purchase a Mosin Nagant in the Houston area. ... In Texas, you do not have to fill out any paperwork for pre-1899 ...

www.xdtalk.com › ... › Other Handgun Talk › Non-XD Handguns - Cached

WTB Mosin Nagant 91/30 ( HOUSTON TX )‎

Mosin Nagant, laminated stock question‎

anyone in houston/spring area have...‎

Range report: Mosin Nagant M44 bayonet open and closed. - Page 2 ...‎

More results from xdtalk.com »

#

WTS: Samco Mosin Nagant 91/30 Sniper Rifle - Houston, TX **Price ...

4 posts - 2 authors - Last post: Nov 19, 2010

Sale Pending*** For sale is a 1944 Russian Mosin Nagant 91/30 PU Sniper rifle. Rifle is in very good ... $700.00 FTF in Houston area. ...

forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?...Mosin-Nagant...Houston-TX... - Cached

#

TEXASBOARS.COM :: View topic - Mosin Nagant's for only $59!

30 posts - 11 authors - Last post: Feb 18, 2009

Mosin Nagant rifles make great hog hunting guns along with the others because they take a 7.62x54r bullet which is sandwiched between a .308 ...

texasboars.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8355 - Cached - Similar

Check out Buds gun shop online, I just checked and they had 2 in stock one for $99.00 and another for $109.00, and one of them was listed as superior condition <_< .

I got mine at Gander Mountain(FM1960) acouple years ago for @$99. 1945 and shoots good

Pig3X5.jpg

Wow! That's a great buy! They're selling them here for around $350! :angry: They're a good rifle... but not THAT good! :angry: Not when you consider that our dollar buys around a $1.06 US these days! Still, they are a very good rifle with a very useful and cheap-to-run caliber for pigs and come with a built-in mid-range pig sticker! <_<

Anybody know where there are some good deals on the Finnish sniper models??smiliequestion.gif

For the price I took the chance and ordered the "superior condition" unit from Bud's. I'm currently travelling in Russia but it should be at my FFL dealer's shop when I return. I'll let y'all know how it turns out.

That is a nice looking rifle Boomy, and apparently effective! What kind of ammo do you shoot in it, and if factory, where do you buy it?

Follow up question for others who have this make of rifle; what ammo do you shoot in it, factory, hand-loads, bullet weight?

Thanks

Bear Ammo SP picked it up at a local shop. It blew a 4" threw it's spine.(very narrow front sight)

I went through all the ones they had on the shelf and found the best combination of interesting grain and rifling condition. I sanded it out and laid on about four or five coats of linseed oil.

One of our local gun shops has tons of them. $99. I haven't got one yet but I know alot of people that have.

I am interested in a couple of these. Anyone know of a dealer in texas or surrounding states that might carry some ? New Mexico may be a little of a stretch but any other states are ok
I have found some on line that are not priced to badly but they are still sight unseen
I am looking for something in a 120 to 150 price range with bayonet and associated pieces like pouch and tools
Thanks for any info

x2 - I have purchased from them and the stuff I got was as advertised in VG condition. If you know someone who is reasonable on a FFL transer I would recomend these guys. My friends son was interested in Mosin Nagants so I gave him my 1891 as a gift to kick start his gun collection off. I still have my M44 Mosin Nagant

Sign in to follow this