Sign in to follow this  
Call Killer

Stevens Model 15 .22 S/L/LR Single Shot

My wife came in from her uncle's yesterday with a Stvns Model 15 Single Shot .22 caliber rifle. The stock on it was supposdly made by her grandfather, and is a perfect fit, but the bolt is missing. I want to find a bolt, refinish the barrle, possibly stain and seal th stock, and keep it for my daughter to learn to hunt with. Any ideas on where to start looking for a bolt? :unsure:

My wife's uncle was just going to throw it away! :rolleyes: She told him I would likely be able to do something with it, so now I have a third .22 cal rifle. One each Semi-Auto, Lever Action, and a possible Bolt Action Single Shot. :):)

Calvin

Not to highjack your thread, but good luck on finding a bolt for that rifle. Have you asked Savage? I have read that parts are sometimes available on gun auction sites and that some have paid up to $62 for that bolt. I have a Stevens Model 15-A single shot bolt action .22 that I will never part with. We still use it around the ranch to dispatch snakes in the chicken house. It was my first rifle and it cost $12. Things sure were different in those days. :)

I wish you success on your bolt, after all, it's really just another hunt! You might start with the Gun Digest website, www.gundigest.com, and look for people to contact. Stevens has a pretty good heritage, was bought by Savage in 1920, and produced enough guns to provide a pile of parts. Gun shows are always a good possibility for both finding a part and finding people with ideas where a bolt might be found. Fort Worth has several good shows each year and like most hunting, don't get discouraged if it doesn't show up immediately. Courtesy of the Hoosier Gun Works, http://www.hoosiergunworks.com/catalog/cross_reference.html, the following Sears models are also model 15's and there may well be others in their list, I scanned it rather quickly. I recommend including all the additional models you can find in your search and have the headspace checked before firing the rifle when you find your bolt. Yes, even the lowly 22 RF has headspace!

BRAND MOD NO. MFGR. ORIG. MOD

Sears 101.20 Stevens 15

Sears 277 Stevens 15

Good Luck, others with more knowledge of the Stevens 22's may be more helpful.

Found one...............only $70 or so after shipping and all! Gonna take some saving up for this one.

Thanks for the info,

Calvin

Calvin

You can probably buy a complete rifle for about the same price!!

I'll see if I can find the contact info for the parts guy that comes to the Tulsa gunshow.....I'm betting he would be cheaper than $70 if he has one.

Guest Chick

Don't just look on Gun Parts Inc. website, call them on the phoen. They have a lot of old parts on the shelf, that they only have one or two of, and don't even list. There is another place, called PA Gun Parts, or something like that, that stocks old .22 parts.

Sign in to follow this