Bobcat

Your Loading Bench Photo

We always have members who want to get started hand loading. I thought it might be helpful to post photos of our various loading benches. We seem to have folks ask for this periodically and end up with multiple threads, mostly because folks forget to use the "Search" function. :D

Please post a photo of your bench in this thread.

Bob :P

This is mine. It is on the small side compared to a lot of our "Big Dogs", but it works for me and the space I have.

loadingbench-natalia.jpg

Bob, This is a good idea. I have bought all my equipment and now I need to build my bench. Wife has donated hall closet, it is a double size walk-in closet that should give me space for a bench about 6-ft long and lots of storage space. I will monitor to see what others have built.

Weldon

My bench is a three drawer workbench from Lowe's. Cost $189.00. Comes with mdf top which I put on lower metal shelf so no rust from metal ammo cans. Made my own double 5/8" plywood top. You can park your truck up there. Have a cheap assemble it yourself bookcase nearby to catch lightweight overflow. Works great, comes with usual Chinese assembly instructions for your entertainment. Use progressive Lee Loader. Loaded over ten thousand. Love it. Just under 45" wide. Would fit in that double wide closet with narrow bookshelf on each side. About $250 with plywood and tax.

post-18185-12823523605_thumb.jpg

post-18185-128235236287_thumb.jpg

post-18185-12823523605_thumb.jpg

post-18185-128235236287_thumb.jpg

My reloading area shares space with my wood working shop, so things are a little "busy" in this picture! (All those things on the wall behind the bench are jigs I've made over the years for different projects) When I have a wood working project, I drape a large tarp over the reloading bench and it seems to do a good job in keeping out unwanted sawdust. One thing I've always done when I set up my reloading bench it to make sure that powders are stored far enough away that I have to get up and walk over to them. It's a good safety technique that prevents me from accidentally mixing powders as I change. Each time I change powder, I have to empty my thrower, put the lid back on the powder canister, walk over to the powder "locker," put the old powder in its place, select a new powder, and return to the bench.

My bench is one I built, and it was made from 2 X 6's. The shelf unit on top was one I built for another project that never materialized, so I bolted it to the back of the bench and it works quite well to hold bullets and die sets.

DSC01773.jpg

Here is my reloading bench. It is in my 12'X 19' "Man-Cave", I have been reloading since the mid seventies and have really liked saving alot of money. I also have a bench in the shop where I deprime, polish the brass and cast my own bullets.

DSC04449.jpg

Here's my bench that I made years ago, everything has it place and has blind nut under the top where I can just bolt and unbolt stuff from the top as I need. It's pretty sturdy! the top is 3" thick and it 30"x60". It's home is in the gargage as well I'm working on my gun/fishing room and I'll have to downsize my loading bench ;) probably do my brass work in the garage and actually load in the house on the small bench I need to make.

If anyone would like an other info just shout as I know benches are hard to come up with as this is like my 5th but after this many this one seems to work out well if you have the room. Later,

084.jpg

Hi friends this is my small bench of recharge, I charge for bird hunting shotgun cartridges and deer and some slug have presses (12, 20, 16 GA) in my country is very difficult to this practice because of the limited material to refill, I have problems to get the lead for doves and deer can give me any idea how make it or any machine that you can buy to make bullets, a Web site that sells this material and I sent it to CR.

Thanks and greetings.

I excuse my bad English

GEDC1183.jpg

GEDC1184.jpg

GEDC1186.jpg

Here is mine. I just getting started so nothing fancy.

post-20998-0-80633200-1367935940_thumb.jpg

post-20998-0-80633200-1367935940_thumb.jpg

Well my loading room is grand + cause for my divorce. When we first moved out into the country,hauled water,outhouse,etc. When my first choice when $$ rolled in was to build a loading room instead of an indoor toilet the sxxt hit the fan.Years later + more affluent I have both,she should have waited,.....glad she did'nt.

You guys have way too neat benches , but there are a couple that are close to the looks on mine !

Here's mine converted spare bedroom to reloading room.

post-20177-0-17935200-1369859175.jpg

post-20177-0-51868700-1369859194.jpg

post-20177-0-17935200-1369859175.jpg

post-20177-0-51868700-1369859194.jpg