Sign in to follow this  
Hoggdogg308

armalite AR-50

So i have paid off my credit cards and saved some money back and was thinking about trying to find a 700p in .338 lapua mag. But after some thought I kinda figured go big or go homwe and started looking at .50bmg's. I was looking at the ar-50. The price isnt bad. But i was wondering if anyone had any experience with accuracy of the rifle?

So i have paid off my credit cards and saved some money back and was thinking about trying to find a 700p in .338 lapua mag. But after some thought I kinda figured go big or go homwe and started looking at .50bmg's. I was looking at the ar-50. The price isnt bad. But i was wondering if anyone had any experience with accuracy of the rifle?

ArmaLite has been around for a while so I am sure you would be getting a good quality rifle. The two biggest complaints I have heard from folks are that the tripod is a tad to high and no magazine. I have only heard good things about the accuracy of the AR-50. With it being a single shot I am sure accuracy in long range shooting was the 1st priority for those buying it nad designing it.

ArmaLite has been around for a while so I am sure you would be getting a good quality rifle. The two biggest complaints I have heard from folks are that the tripod is a tad to high and no magazine. I have only heard good things about the accuracy of the AR-50. With it being a single shot I am sure accuracy in long range shooting was the 1st priority for those buying it nad designing it.

Well i have to have it now. We went and did some long range stuff this weekend. 650 and 950. I dont have my steels yet and the one steel i do have was in rule being used. So we were punching paper. I was able to make out one hits out of 8 at 650 with the 300. rum and I guess 2 with the .308 just because they were on top of eachother lol. and had no clue where i was at 950 and the ground is so wet i had no bullet spash through the grass. So i got a really iconsistant group cause i thought i was miss judging the wind and kept messing with the turret. but got 5 out of 6 on paper at 950 all targets were 14"x28" Forgot camera but they werent that impressive of groups lol. Any ways short turned long is i need a fifty just to see my hits. <_< Plus ive been dreaming at night about smacking a hog at 1000+ with a 650gr hollow point. Or for that matter at 15-yrds. lol That might be cool too. Now i just need some api rounds and a hog behind a tree!

Sign in to follow this