Bobcat

"Don't Talk to the Police" by Professor James Duane

I'd hire him as my attorney, you get twice as many words per hour as the usual Texas lawyer. :biggrin:

Good advice and should be heeded by everyone. Interestingly, I just had a very similar, but not as legally correct, conversation with my son and a good friend of his telling them exactly the same thing.......that if they were ever in ANY situation where they were being questioned by the police that the FIRST WORDS out of their mouth should be "I want to speak to a lawyer." or to use the vernacular, they need to "lawyer up" BEFORE SAYING ANYTHING, REGARDLESS of their views of their guilt or innocence, which is exactly what that attorney/professor who is a lot more knowledgeable about the law than I am said.

I don't trust the cops or the judicial system as far as I can urinate against a hurricane.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4097602514885833865

You should take the time to listen to this video!

Bob :P

Quite intresting and informative; well worth the time.

I would agree also. You never know what the agenda of law enforcement agency might be. In America the standard is supposed to be innocent until pr oven guilty. If the law enforcement has a political agenda innocence can indeed be an expensive proposition.

never waiver your rights away.

As a former law enforcement officer (from 25 years ago), I would like to share the "Policeman's Creed":

1)Admit nothing

2)Deny everything

3)Demand proof

I guess a fourth line would be, "I want a layer".

The most pointed statement from that video for me was the part of the Miranda warning "anything you say can and will be used against you". Could not be a truer statement in these anti-First and anti-Second Amendment Rights Obamanation times.

Y'all should check out this book: http://www.amazon.com/Arrest-Proof-Yourself-Ex-Cop-Reveals-Arrested/dp/1556526377 . It really expands on the information in the video. The author is an ex-Miami cop and ex-FBI Special Agent. He held felony arrest records in Miami for a few years, too. Lots of great stuff.

From what I've read, police aren't the same as years past. They are concentrating more on smaller crimes, like public intoxication, DWI (which is obviously serious), and lesser drug offenses. This has helped the over-all crime rate, but it is also the reason that the jails are overflowing. Even if you are arrested and the charges are dropped, your arrests will still show up on the police computer when you get pulled over. So if you get pulled over and are arrested for having a gun, for example, every time you get pulled over, the police officer will see a weapon arrest and will probably approach you differently had you never been arrested. And because all arrest records are available for all police officers across the country, you can expect this kind of treatment everywhere.

Bob,the video link has been pulled,apparently.Says not available!Anybody save this?Sure would like to listen to it!

Patriot

found this on you tube,very interesting!Might be the same one,

Yep,a lot of good info there.Silence can be the best policy,Thank God we are still in a nation that honors that amendment. We all know that this was for protection of the innocent against the follies of the wicked. HMMMMM,seems like a few years back we founded a nation on the same principles.