Bobcat

Predator Calls The First 50 Years

Our very own Mystical Rhino, Jay Nistetter, got together and co-authored this difinitive book on the history of modern predator calls.

This excerpt from "Trapper & Predator Caller" says it best:

Predator Calls The First 50 Years

By Jay Nistetter and Al Lux

Anyone who has a passion for collecting predator calls will consider, Predator Calls The First 50 Years, a treasure trove of information. The book covers virtually all commercial predator call makers from the founding of the industry in the 1940s to the present day. Beautiful, up-close, color photos illustrate this hardcover manual.

The foreword of the book gives a brief history of the manufacturing of predator calls. Following the introductory information is an overview of more than 100 manufacturers in alphabetical order, with biographical information, descriptions of calls, dates of production, materials and production methods used, relative collectibility and photos.

The authors’ informal tone and lighthearted sense of humor make the book not only informative, but entertaining. They even play hide and seek with the readers by asking trivia questions that can be answered by information presented later in the book.

Following the overview of manufacturers is a list of company slogans and a miscellaneous section containing unique and custom calls, patches, vintage advertisements, look-alike calls and electronic calls, including 78 and 45 rpm records, cassette tapes, CDs and the most modern digital electronic devices. Completing the book is a photo section of well-known callmakers using their products in the field.

If you’re not already an avid collector, you will be by the time you finish skimming the pages. The authors’ passion for calls is sure to excite the novice and turn the casual collector into a dedicated enthusiast.

For more information about the book, contact Jay Nistetter at Rhino Calls, PMB-422, 1928 E. Highland Ave. Suite F-104, Phoenix, AZ 85016 or online at www.rhinocalls.com. -Dan Brownell, Trapper & Predator Caller"

book3.jpg

I have a signed copy from the great one himself.

It is a great book to have and I recommend it to all. Very Informative.

I learned a lot from it, and it cleared up a lot of assumptions I had on who made what calls.

I want a copy. I know there was a limited print. Does Rhino have any copies left?