Bobcat

Operation Orphans

Hey Y'all,

As you know, $5.00 from the sale of every Posse cap is donated to Operation Orphans/Camp Gene Ashby. We just received another letter them I wanted to share with you. I thought we should have a dedicated thread for them as well.

Buy a cap-help a kid learn to shoot and get to hunt!! :lol:

Bob :P

Here is the link to Operation Orphans: Operation Orphans Link

OperationOrphansLetter7-16-2008.jpg

Thanks to y'all, we just sent another $465.00 to Operation Orphans from our auctions at the Rendezvous!

Thank You!

Bob :P

Several years ago I was invited by an old friend of mine who was the editor of the Brenham newspaper concerning an operation concerning taking orphans on a hunt. He was covering the story. It was well sanctioned by T.P.+W.,D.P.S.,etc. In fact Iv'e never seen so many alphabets in one location. This was held out on Jim Inks ranch (of inks lake fame) just west of Burnet. The kids (under guides) made a really great haul of wild goats + feral hogs.(it was not season). The BBQ at the ranch house was grand + I got to meet Finn + Berit Aagard. What a great thing to do for the kids.Also TP+W used to do a project called operation kid fish. I took 2 of my sons to this about 20 years ago to the river in Burnet. If memory serves they were releasing trout which won't last long here anyway.The banks were lined with young anglers + their parents.You want to talk about a fun Sunday afternoon with your kids.

Cool!!!