Sign in to follow this  
willketchum

S&W collectors? need help

I have a Smith and Wesson Texas Game Warden Commemorative pistol that I am thinking about selling to fund an EBR project. I don't make many gun shows so I don't have any idea of the value. I know of a couple that have sold but don't know what price. They were made in about 1982 or 83. It is a model 66 .357 magnum with 4 inch barrel. It has our badge engraved on the sideplate and Texas Game Warden on the barrel. Also has a game warden badge and a S&W folding knife in the box. The pistol is unfired but it has been carried a time or two. No wear on it at all. Came with fancy wood grips (I do have those) but I put the pachmayer's on it when I needed to carry it a couple of times. There were about 500 of these built. Has anyone ever seen one of these sell? Any help would be appreciated

DSCN0046.jpg

wilketchum

since it isnt an N frame(6in bbl 3t's)I'll offer this as a referance

$600.00 THIS IS A 4" Model 66, ISSUED AS THE "NASSAU COUNTY POLICE DEPT" COMMEMORATIVE. #108 OF A RUN OF 825 PIECES. NEW IN BOX. THIS IS A RARE REVOLVER and would make a very special presentation piece for a police officer, or an excellent addition to any S&W collection!

$1,499.00 A beautiful Factory engraved in full A Coverage Model 66-1 .357 Magnum caliber Stainless steel 6" BBl. New in the box with Factory shipping papers and a Factory letter stating that it was shipped in November 1981. Fancy walnut oversize grips with S

$1,800.00 PINNED BARREL NEW IN SMITH PRESENTATION DISPLAY CASE. GUN IS A MODEL 66, 6" STAINLESS STEEL WITH RECESSED CYLINDER AND CLASS A ENGRAVED GUNS ARE ABOUT $1920 MORE THAN A REGULAR MODEL UNENGRAVED. MASS LEGAL

these are for sale on Guns America,and I would price your's somewhere in the middle naturally if you have any kind of factory Letter it would up the price some

I have an F.B.I. engraved S&W Chief's Specal that was appraised at $900 in 2001

if you know of a gunsmith that you can trust,take it to him and ask for an insurance appraisal(naturally it will be a little high but will give you an idea of its actual value)

thanks for the reply sgt. I'm sure I got a letter with the pistol but that's been over 20 years ago and about 6 moves. I never thought I would sell it but got to thinking about a new project so I'm considering it now. I just can't stand to have a gun I can't shoot. Talked to my son who will inherit it someday and he said he'd rather have a black rifle. ^_^

yeper thats why I have the NONengraved S&W's,I like to shoot them

BUT they Are all N frame 6in bbl target trigger, target sights ,target grips,so it makes an impressive looking Set when I open the case

^_^^_^

Sign in to follow this