Bobcat

Photos of Your Hunting Knives

Sweet!! I can only wish I had the talent to do something like that. I know better than to try. LOL

Rick

post-17206-1251253243_thumb.jpg

I have not use a knife in years except for a tool. if I ever start skinen animals again this is some of what I could use.

I have not use a knife in years except for a tool. if I ever start skinen animals again this is some of what I could use.

The ones on the right, are they made from lopper blades? I like the curves. <_<

boomy those small blades or made out of a sawmill blade c6. I don,t make these myself, a friend is a blacksmith in Alton Ill. His name is Steve liley at coal creek steel forge and you can see more of his work on blade forum.com is where he sales them. he closed his web site because he does not have time to keep it up dated. those small custom knives sale for about 85.00. a lot of his knives have maple handles.

Dozier K2 General Hunting Knife. A very well balanced knife! I think my favorite. Got three month ago.

BobDozierK2.jpg

David Winston Model 22 with Gold Stabilized Maple

DavidWinstonModel22.jpg

I am having a thing for Scandinavian Knifes. This is a Helle Harmoni Plus from Norway. Triple laminated stainless steel. like the grind on these.

HelleHarmoniPlus.jpg

This is the new Middlebrook skinner I got from Bill at the 2010 Posse Rendezvous. The scales are giraffe bone.

2010middlebrookgiraffebone2.jpg

2010middlebrookgiraffebone.jpg

oh,man I do like that natural color on the bone handle with the mosaic pins. Very Classy!

amigo

A few of mine. Not all have been hunted;as yet.

Middllelbrook.jpg

A couple of Middlebrook knives. The top one is damascus steel. Visited Jim with Bobcat and walked out with these. :biggrin:

IMG_0039.jpg

Mike Clerc knife, warthog bone, buffalo bone and iron wood

IMG_0027.jpg

Another Clerc knife. Giraffe bone and blasted micarta

IMG_0012.jpg

Clerc knife. micarta and giraffe bone

IMG_0029.jpg

Mule skinner by Dave McCroskey in Stillwater, Ok

nice knives !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have long wanted another demascus knife so I called David Winston some months to discuss with him. I couldn't find one on his website that matched what I wanted. Yesterday, I received what I specified! A drop point semi skinner in demascus ladder pattern, a natural caribou handle with black spacers, blade between 31/4 to 3/7/8, symetrical to the length of the handle for good balance, and mosaic pins. The pics don't do this knife justice. It is great. Sharp, too. I was cleaning off some oil on the blade when the blade went through the cloth and gave me a nasty finger cut. My fault. Bled for hours!

I don't show the sheath which is a natural oiled brown leather.

His prices are very reasonable, and his delivery time is not years! This is the second David Winston knive he has made for me. He is a fine gentleman to boot.

http://winstonknives.blademakers.com/

demascus021.jpg

demascus020.jpg

It was worth the 16 month wait. Charlie May made Bladie Mae, S30V blade, 8 7/8" long, blade is 3 7/8" long, silver pins and black macarta handle.

BladieMae011.jpg

Charlie makes a great knive.

amigo

Okay, I'll play! :biggrin:

This is my Arno Bernard 2015 feature knife.
It has Warthog Ivory Tusk handle, S35VN steel, a ceramic tumble finish, lanyard hole and a Cape Buffalo leather sheath with horizontal belt clasp.

post-18970-0-11437300-1460047716_thumb.jpg