Here are a few of mine.

Bob :P

Original Blackjack

blackjack.jpg

Custom Bill Middlebrook

middlebrook07-2.jpg

Custom Dozier

dozier.jpg

A few of mine. Not all have been hunted;as yet.

Middllelbrook.jpg

A couple of Middlebrook knives. The top one is damascus steel. Visited Jim with Bobcat and walked out with these. :biggrin:

IMG_0039.jpg

Mike Clerc knife, warthog bone, buffalo bone and iron wood

IMG_0027.jpg

Another Clerc knife. Giraffe bone and blasted micarta

IMG_0012.jpg

Clerc knife. micarta and giraffe bone

IMG_0029.jpg

Mule skinner by Dave McCroskey in Stillwater, Ok

Here are a couple of full auto bokers. I love the way these knives feel in the hand. I have skinned many a deer and hog with the non-serrated knife with pink scales.

DSC04550.jpg

These are the knives I use for skinning. I like the wyoming knife style gerber for opening the fur like zipping a zipper. It does not have the second blade on the back side so you don't have to worry about knicking your knuckles like you do with a wyoming knife. The second down is a Puma "Skinner". This was my favorite for several years. I use it and the master hunter for breaking the brisket on deer and hogs. The third knife down is a Cold Steel Master Hunter in Carbon V Steel. The fourth knife down is my current favorite. It is a Knives of Alaska Yukon Belt Knife in D2 steel. I really like D2 in a skinning knife. It usuallly doesn't get scary sharp but holds and edge a long time. This knife is great for skinning and caping. The shape of both the handle and blade make skinning a joy.

DSC03088.jpg

GWB

Here's some of mine....A set of Dave's skinners, and one of his Elk knives...scary sharp....PPK for size reference.

100_6598.jpg

My Elk knife...

100_6334.jpg

100_6332.jpg

My " carry and use everyday" knife...

A Clerc...only decent picture I could find....blue model 36 for size reference I guess LOL

100_3812.jpg

Joe

Joe,

Love those knives and guns..... I really like the pattern's on the knives,purely utilitarian.. Answer a question for me.....Who is the maker "Dave" ? Did he make the leather sheaths also ? Last but not least I hate to even bring this up but after seeing the snubby it reminded me of a very funny story. Years ago a couple of my fireman buddies and me would get together about once a month and go shopping for guns at the local pawnshops . Lots of pawnshops around a military base and it would take us all day to hit them. At one pawnshop we stopped at I found what i thought was a first generation colt detective special in .38 cal and i bought it for 100.00. Now understand we had lots of shopping to do and i gave the gun a quick check for wear and tear ,then bought a couple boxes of ammo for the gun. Even the paperwork reflected that the gun was a .38 special colt detective ...One of my friends who was an FFL holder asked to look at the gun and after a few minutes he said.. '' Bobby ." I said what ? He said this gun is not a 38 special ,it is a .32 special !!!! Well crud... they laughed at me all day. Of course it didnt take a week for the whole FD, local SO ,PD, And all my professional friends to call me and rake me over... My FFL buddy made me a letter of recognition for the development of a new wildcat the .32/.38 Spicer and presented it to me at a shift ceremony . I look very closely and do not take for granted that a gun is what i think it is anymore. I loved the little gun....Wasn't good for much but plinking and I finally sold it. I wish i had it back!!!

Bobby

Don't you wish you still had it!!!!!

Yeppers...that little 36 is a 1964 model, flat latch 38 special....still a pretty little gun. I have owned it a long time....

Dave is Dave McCrosky, over in Oklahoma....great guy!!

Joe'

Back in 1974 and 75 I carried a S&W36 behind the buckle on my Sam Browne. Sure was nice also carried it in an iwb holster off duty. Kept me and my girl friend from being hurt one night going to the movies.

Sold it to buy milk for for new born in 1978. Sure do miss it.

David

You guys with the Clerc knives? Have you used them in the field? Do they hold up? Thanks.. Steven from the lower RGV

Plain ol' off-the-shelf Sog Seal Pup Elite for the desert and beat-around tasks.

Two D2 custom Frank Pummills from Durham, Arkansas. I forget the handle material. He made the big one for me when I left for college. The small one handles the best of any of them.

huntingknivescv1.jpg

You guys with the Clerc knives? Have you used them in the field? Do they hold up? Thanks.. Steven from the lower RGV

sorry, didn't even see this post until today. Yes, they do lhold up and are very good knives. Unfortunately, he put his prodiction on hold last year . I checked his website last week and found that it no longer up. Guess he quite altogether now. Too bad.

amigo

I made this little feller a couple of years ago and it's become my favorite deer sticker. Also works well on the smaller feral hogs that I occasionally knock down. The scales are made of cocobolo.

damascusknife.jpg