Moon Dog

2 dogs his first time out!

My little brother, Justin, has always been a "lost soul." He's had his ups and downs in life just like the rest of us. I never could get him interested in anything that I did. I've always wished for a way to get to spend more time with him and I just never could get him to go along.

mail4.jpg

I went out by myself on opening day and about 5 minutes into daylight this guy ran right into my lap! This was the first time that I had gotten one being out by myself, and using a call that I had made!

When I showed my little brother the pictures of the dog and told him about how things happened that morning he finally agreed to go! He seemed so excited.

I had prepared myself to get to his house this morning and him still be asleep and not want to go. Much to my surprise, before I got to his house he called me and asked when I would be there. He was truly excited about going.

We made one stand, didn't see anything, then headed up to another place that I knew there were coyotes! We sat down about 15 yards apart on a fence line looking out into a field that was full of briar patches and spread out little pines. I started calling quietly at first and then gradually got louder. The whole time the thought of not seeing a coyote and my brother never going out with me again loomed in my mind.

I had told Justin before we got there that morning to never say anything and not to move more then he had to, even when he saw one coming in, but naturally, just then I heard him whisper loudly, " Jason!"

He pointed at his eyes and then into the field. I looked out to see 3 yotes come in to the field trotting right towards us.

The yotes hung up behind a briar patch just out of sight of both of us. I gave them a little lip squeak and here they came! One came up to about 30 yards as the other lingered behind the briars. I squeaked one last time to stop him.......and boom!!! Down he went. Justin had shot his first dog!

I immediatley got on my open reed and started yelping and screaming to stop the second dog. Justin jumped up and yelled with excitement! I quickly yelled, "SHOOT HIM!!!" The other dog had stopped toward the back end of the field right where I couldn't shoot him. I rolled around to get a shot and just when I got him in my scope......BOOM!!!

........................................................................... :biggrin: ................................................................................

mail7.jpg

Justin shot his second coyote!

mail8.jpg

The day with my brother couldn't have gone better!

mail9.jpg

His two kids were waiting on us when we got back to the house and insisted that we take their pics with the coyotes too!

mail6.jpg

There's a future predator hunter if I've ever seen one! :biggrin:

Thanks for reading and Good hunting

Awesome! I have two younger brothers and they are my favorite hunting pardners.

What rifles/calibers were y'all using?

Awesome! I have two younger brothers and they are my favorite hunting pardners.

What rifles/calibers were y'all using?

Thank you sir! He is definitley hooked. He called me this morning wanting to go out again! I shoot a .243 and he shoots a 25-06.

...and OC....I learned everything I do from good ole Joe! We do all need to go out after 'em sometime!