OFBHWG

PIC'S OF YOUR AR

Finally got around to posting some pics of my TPP lower with my 6.8mm SPC II-DMR upper build. This is my first upper build from scratch. The barrel is from AR15 Performance. 18" length, 3 groove 1-12 twist. Been to range with it twice, using a 90 gr TNT load and a Sierra 115 OTM, both from SSA, and I have also shot one box of factory Hornady 110 HP. Best grouping so far has been the Hornady stuff, with a five shot group measuring 0.335". Average 5 shot groups are about 0.45", and largest was around 0.77". YHM 4 rail handguard, RRA scope mount, RRA 6-pos stock, Ergo ambi grip, with a grip extension which moves the hand grip back 0.75". I've got freakish long fingers, and the extension positions my trigger finger perfectly. The trigger is a 3.5 lb drop in trigger group by Timney.

120pdeb.jpg

161jpfc.jpg

Close up of the grip extension.

2uqbrww.jpg

2hcp3zm.jpg

The compensator is a PRI MSTNQ model. This is supposed to be the "quiet" brake, but I'd hate to hear a loud one. The scope is a Pentax 4X12X40, which I bought off of Texppr. I really like the scope and really liked the price Texppr made me. I haven't bloodied this weapon as of yet, but it's not because I haven't tried. Last two hunts no takers to my foxpro.

WOW guys yall must either make lotsa money or have perfect wives. this is my work in progress, i like it thought i was workin on something speical till i saw some of those pics. just did the paint job what do ya think???

p.s. im shooting plain old 5.56, i dont reload my own, whats everyones advice on ammo, how about an affordable scope?

post-6836-1241846367_thumb.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

Rock Creek 6X45 bbl 1:8 twist finished @ 22" Now sporting a Burris Timberline 3-9X32 in a Burris PEPR mount. I built this one (upper and lower) myself.

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

J&T Expedition Upper (added Hogue FF tube), chop job on FSB, Burris Timberline 2-7X26

100_0386.jpg

Rock River 18" EOP Varmint w/ Burris FFII 3-9X42

Finally got it put together. Now it just needs some paint....... :)

079.jpg

A couple more..... The Cav Arms is 5lbs 4oz as you see it. The Stag is the beater gun, the RRA was my Predator gun, but now I shoot the Noveske mainly. The Noveske has the switchblock gas block, and it is real nice.

more1f.jpg

Got my Carey Custom Rifles .204 upper in today... It took about 8 weeks.. 22"H-Barrel- Fluted, Vented Rail, 1:10 Twist.... Mounted on one of my other lowers-- will get a dedicated lower for it later..... Go sight in in this weekend- then go call in some coyotes and see how she performs!! Cant WAIT!!!!!

carey204.jpg

carey204-1.jpg

carey204-2.jpg

carey204-3.jpg

carey204-4.jpg

Well, I've finally "completed" my first 6.8. AR's are never really complete as they accessorize so easily! The specs are:

Lower:

YHM Lower Receiver

Stag LPK

Magpul ACS FDE Stock

Magpul MIAD FDE Pistol Grip

Upper:

YHM Upper Receiver

ARP 16" Nitro-Carb. Barrel

MI Low-Pro Gas Block (pinned by ARP)

MI T12 FDE Free Float Forearm

Bravo Company Gun Fighter Charging Handle

Vortex Flash Hider

American Defense Recon-X QD scope mount

The scope is a nice Mueller 3-9x40 illuminated, but it is really a placeholder until I can save up enough for a Trijicon or NightForce.

I haven't been out to shoot it yet, but my first order of SSA ammo will be here tomorrow.

68L1c.jpg

68R1c.jpg

I think I'm about done with modifications. This started as a bushmaster national match rifle, I put on the new front end about a month ago, chopped the fsb, did a new pistol grip, and Saturday put in my new RRA two stage NM trigger set. Second pic is my 200 yard grouping w/ factory ammo before the new trigger set, the old one felt like it pulled at 100 lbs through sand. I haven't had it out to the range with the new trigger yet but I can't wait, so far its a shooter!

ar15.jpg

holes.jpg

It arrived today..I did let the gun shop keep the card board box it came in....

post-18550-127388994783.jpg

post-18550-127388994783.jpg

HuntingRigProfile.jpg

Warm-68Profile.jpg

NV-68profile.jpg

--- just fooling around with the camera a little bit. Thought I'd add some more pictures, little updated.

Added a Magpul UBR and MBUS Front and Rear to finish it off. Sniper Hawg Light Destroyer in Green LED is pictured...Green photo is taken with it in the on position set to High.

Finally Gott'r Done!

2010 TPP AR 15 built as follows:

RRA 6 Position Collapsable Stock

TPP 2010 #16 of 40 Spikes Tactical Lower Receiver

Spikes Tactical Lower Receiver Parts Kit

Timney 3# Trigger

Command Arms UPG 16 Pistol Grip

Precission Firearms Neptune II Complete Upper in 6.5 Grendel (264 LBC)

Yankee Hill Mil-Spec Machined T6 Aluminum Upper

Les Baer 1 in 8" Twist 20" Stainless Steel Cut Rifling Barrel

DPMS Fluted, Vented Free-Float Forearm

Les Baer Bolt

Precission Firearms Carrier

Tactical Charging Handle

Bolted in Bipod/Swivel Stud

Burris 1/2" Riser Blocks

Weaver 6 Hole Extream Tactical Rings with Front Picatinny Cap

Nikon Monarch 4-12x42mm Scope

Coast LED Lenser 200 Lumen Light with Speed Focus

While fire forming resized Win 7.62x39 new brass, the barrel is shooting < 1" at 100 yds with fire forming loads! There is a wall thickness issue with this brass causing pressure to rise prematurely. This is being solved with an inside neck reamer. Really looks like this is going to be an accurate shooter with load developement.

Will post targets as loads are developed.

sonoraken

post-2873-127602164793_thumb.jpg

post-2873-127602167798_thumb.jpg

post-2873-127602172568_thumb.jpg

got the upper at last. i knew the gun show price would drop after income tax time was over and they saw no 1 spending their return like last year. 458 rules!

post-18199-127818190952_thumb.jpg

post-18199-127818190952_thumb.jpg