#1 jdickey

jdickey

Bwana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,159 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, photography, Bigfoot, and grand kids

Posted 18 July 2005 - 07:56 PM

Here is a listing link to most if not all of the "free places" to hunt in Texas. You will need a current Texas License and the APH (Annual Public Hunting)....

FREE PLACES TO HUNT IN TEXAS

The APH link is as follows....

http://www.tpwd.stat...ic_hunting/#aph
The only easy day was yesterday - U.S.N. SEALS
W's Backyard... Waco, TX
TSRA, NWTF, TexLa Research Group, BASS, BOONE & CROCKETT, TWA
Posted Imageretired

#2 JavelinaHuntin

JavelinaHuntin

• Banned
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 08:44 PM

You can also try putting in for the drawing hunts on the state parks and WMA's.

#3 NechesBobcat

NechesBobcat

Bwana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Interests:Any and every kind of hunting and fishing that can be done in the Great State of Texas and surrounding continent, Trapping, Oilfield, welding, fly-tying, fly fishing.
  • Location:Silsbee, Spurger, and Groesbeck, TX and Eagle Rock, MO!

Posted 20 July 2005 - 03:28 PM

I stood in line from 10:00 p.m. 'till 8:00 a.m. to get a permit to hunt in the Neches Bottom Unit of the Big Thicket National Preserve :rolleyes: . It was fun though. I had some friends in the Jack Gore Baygal line that brought dominoes and I had a deck of cards. The line for the Jack Gore Baygal unit was right beside the line I was in and it had over 300 people in it before the first person got behind me. I was #1. I have almost got that whole unit to myself because I know ways to get around in there that no one else does :) . It is only accessible by boat. Tarleton Ranger road with me up in there a little ways when he came down on spring break. I run trotlines in all the slews that go through it. It's not a place that you can just go and hunt. You are lucky if you can get to it and really lucky if you don't get lost.
We Americans got so tired of being thought of as dumb by the rest of the world that we went to the polls and removed all doubt!!

Silsbee, TX... Spurger, TX... Groesbeck, TX... Eagle Rock, MO!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users