• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Building wood kayaks

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

copied:

Interesting status report from Valley Guns in West Virginia :

Status of gun industry

Attention F.B. fans: to follow will be several IMPORTANT Info updates about the status of the gun industry currently, followed by an INVENTORY UPDATE: We traveled to Texas for Industry meetings concerning the shortages, here's what we were told.

Smith & Wesson-is running at Full capacity making 300+ guns/day-mainly M&P pistols. They are unable to produce any more guns to help with the shortages.

RUGER: Plans to increase from 75% to 100% in the next 90 days.

FNH: Moving from 50% production to 75% by Feb 1st and 100% by March 1.

Remington: Maxed out 750-800 weapons a day

Armalite: Maxed out.

DPMS: Can't get enough parts to produce any more product.

COLT: Production runs increasing weekly...bottle necked by Bolt carrier's.

LWRC:Making only black guns, running at full capacity...can't get enough gun quality steel to make barrels.

Springfield Armory: Only company who can meet demand but are running 30-45 days behind.

AMMO: Every caliber is now Allocated! We are looking at a nation wide shortage of all calibers over the next 9 months. All plants are producing as much ammo as possible w/ of 1 BILLION rounds produced weekly. Most is military followed by L.E. and civilians are third in line.

MAGPUL is behind 1 MILLION mags, do not expect any large quantities of magpul anytime soon.

RELOADERS... ALL Remington, Winchester, CCI & Federal primers are going to ammo FIRST. There are no extra's for reloading purposes... it could be 6-9 months before things get caught up. Sorry for the bleak news, but now we know what to expect in the coming months. Stay tuned, we'll keep you posted...Interesting status report from Valley Guns in West Virginia :

Status of gun industry

Attention F.B. fans: to follow will be several IMPORTANT Info updates about the status of the gun industry currently, followed by an INVENTORY UPDATE: We traveled to Texas for Industry meetings concerning the shortages, here's what we were told.

Smith & Wesson-is running at Full capacity making 300+ guns/day-mainly M&P pistols. They are unable to produce any more guns to help with the shortages.

RUGER: Plans to increase from 75% to 100% in the next 90 days.

FNH: Moving from 50% production to 75% by Feb 1st and 100% by March 1.

Remington: Maxed out 750-800 weapons a day

Armalite: Maxed out.

DPMS: Can't get enough parts to produce any more product.

COLT: Production runs increasing weekly...bottle necked by Bolt carrier's.

LWRC:Making only black guns, running at full capacity...can't get enough gun quality steel to make barrels.

Springfield Armory: Only company who can meet demand but are running 30-45 days behind.

AMMO: Every caliber is now Allocated! We are looking at a nation wide shortage of all calibers over the next 9 months. All plants are producing as much ammo as possible w/ of 1 BILLION rounds produced weekly. Most is military followed by L.E. and civilians are third in line.

MAGPUL is behind 1 MILLION mags, do not expect any large quantities of magpul anytime soon.

RELOADERS... ALL Remington, Winchester, CCI & Federal primers are going to ammo FIRST. There are no extra's for reloading purposes... it could be 6-9 months before things get caught up. Sorry for the bleak news, but now we know what to expect in the coming months. Stay tuned, we'll keep you posted...

#2 DarrellS

DarrellS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Building wood kayaks

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

Not sure if this is the correct forum or not. Feel free to copy/move to other forums.

Darrell

#3 MikeI

MikeI

Bwana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,554 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, all the shooting sports. Just about anything that goes bang is of interest!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

Thanks, Darrell.  Not sure if it's the correct forum, but it's good information to have.  Bobcat will reposition it if he thinks it should be elsewhere.

VETUSTIOR HUMO

#4 TheOldPro

TheOldPro

Bwana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,367 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, golf, church, and grandkids.

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

I guess I'll start digging a deer pit now, so it will be ready by next November.  Just in case.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
Every silver lining has a cloud.
Patrick Henry meant to say: "Give me Liberty or give me Democrats".

#5 claysdaddy

claysdaddy

Bwana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:16 PM

I found some Magpul mags the other day in a small mom & pop shop... $50 each!

Cheers,
MJ

NRA patron life member, U.S. military veteran

Preach the gospel always, and if necessary, use words
-- unknown

#6 Hoggdogg308

Hoggdogg308

Bwana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Interests:Living, wheelin, shootin, huntin, fishin, cookin, and eatin.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:34 AM

We are seeing a slow down. It seems that everyone who wanted bought and now things seem to be coming back down. Or it could just be that there's nothing out there to buy. Could be either.
Blue Dog Blood Tracking
Facebook Link: http://www.facebook....134862479991374

If you see me running.. Try and keep up...

#7 Coon Dawg

Coon Dawg

Bwana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,872 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

Think its a little of both! Went to wally world last night and they had pllenty of shotgun shells but only 3 boxes of fmj 230 gr 45 and 7 boxes of 180 gr 40 s&w with a limit of 3 boxes per customer.

#8 mark1945

mark1945

Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:hunting,shooting,reloading,
    woodworking,laser engraving.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

Was in Corpus Christi Academy on saturday, tons of shot gun shells but only a  small amount of rifle , pistol ammo but alot more then they had the week before.The WalMart here in Portland has lots more firearms on the shelf now then whats been there for several weeks.looks like it maybe improving at least I sure hope so.

#9 MikeI

MikeI

Bwana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,554 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, all the shooting sports. Just about anything that goes bang is of interest!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

Just got back from a shopping trip to the WalMart in Brady.  There was NOT A SINGLE BOX OF CENTERFIRE RIFLE OR HANDGUN ammunition available, and the clerk said their 22 rimfire supply had dried up 10 days ago.  They had some shotgun ammo for skeet, trap and dove/quail hunting, but that was it!

VETUSTIOR HUMO

#10 Archie

Archie

Professional Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:15 AM

Bear in mind that "we" caused this problem.  There are those of us who always have enough on hand to survive for a year or so.  As the election came and passed many shooters felt compelled to "stock up".  Then others got in on the act, even folks who never owned a firearm before to buy before guns were outlawed and plenty of ammo to shoot.  There are plenty of reports from across the country of new reloaders coming in and buying the whole set-up, plus powder, primers, etc.  The only thing they don't buy is LOADING MANUALS!!  I'm not going to a public range anytime soon.  Anyway, my point is that naturally we take a local outlook, but this has been a national phenomenon, really almost beyond comprehension.  I know one thing, the politicians are beginning to understand that the voters believe in the Constitution!!!  Archie

#11 MikeI

MikeI

Bwana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,554 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:49 AM

Archie, you said, " I know one thing, the politicians are beginning to understand that the voters believe in the Constitution!!!"  Now if we could get the darned politicians to start believing in the  Constitution, we may be able to make some progress!!

VETUSTIOR HUMO

#12 TheOldPro

TheOldPro

Bwana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,367 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, golf, church, and grandkids.

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

I know one thing, the politicians are beginning to understand that the voters believe in the Constitution!!!  Archie

Any victory is a good one, and the "country's" response that has led to this shortage can be considered a victory of sorts.  But we need to be careful not to let this minor victory lead us down the path of complacency.  We need to keep up the pressure on both federal and state officials via emails, letters, or whatever means available.  Remember, it didn't take a majority of Americans to cause this shortage, just a few percentage points more than usual.  

All generalizations are false, including this one.
Every silver lining has a cloud.
Patrick Henry meant to say: "Give me Liberty or give me Democrats".

#13 WarhammerTX

WarhammerTX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

Just got back from a shopping trip to the WalMart in Brady.  There was NOT A SINGLE BOX OF CENTERFIRE RIFLE OR HANDGUN ammunition available, and the clerk said their 22 rimfire supply had dried up 10 days ago.  They had some shotgun ammo for skeet, trap and dove/quail hunting, but that was it!

Same here in Breckenridge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users