archery,
    welding,
    my God and my Country,
    not neccessarily in that order.

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:34 PM

those sound pretty good Mike!

Patriot

AR-Patriot
"The tree of Liberty,from time to time,Must be replenished by the blood of Patriots and Tyrants"-Thomas Jefferson

"If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom,go in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains sit lightly upon you,and may posterity forget you were our countrymen." Samuel Adams

"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it,Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me,give me Liberty or give me death!" Patrick Henry

"Now is the time for all good men to stand together,lest we fall seperately,like the hay before the scythe"-AR-Patriot 2013

MOLON LABE!

Cowboy Cuts Custom Metal Cutting
http://www.siteswelding.webs.com/

#17 MikeI

MikeI

Bwana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,290 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, all the shooting sports. Just about anything that goes bang is of interest!

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:42 PM

Jim, we found the first "crunchy" recipe to be a pretty nice change of pace with the addition of the cucumber to the mix.  It doesn't exactly taste like the salsa this old Texas boy grew up with, but it's definitely a keeper.

VETUSTIOR HUMO

#18 StevenTexas

StevenTexas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Anything out of doors.

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:11 PM

Any combination above with Piquen peppers. (Pick-eans)
Go out back and getchasum.

WWW.projecthealingwaters.org

#19 AR-Patriot

AR-Patriot

Bwana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,fishing,
    shooting,
    reloading,
    hunting,
    archery,
    welding,
    my God and my Country,
    not neccessarily in that order.

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:43 AM

Yes Sir,ST,
But not for the Faint of Heart!!!
Use to hunt around the Litton Springs/Lockhart area,they call them Turkey peppers down there.Shot a wild turkey one year,Cooked it for Thanksgiving,and My mom couldn't eat it,the meat was too hot from the peppers he had been eating!!Course Mom can barely stand black pepper!
Patriot.
I forgot to add,if you want a little different taste,substitute a little of your favorite beer for the Lemon juice.
Patriot
AR-Patriot
"The tree of Liberty,from time to time,Must be replenished by the blood of Patriots and Tyrants"-Thomas Jefferson

"If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom,go in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains sit lightly upon you,and may posterity forget you were our countrymen." Samuel Adams

"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it,Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me,give me Liberty or give me death!" Patrick Henry

"Now is the time for all good men to stand together,lest we fall seperately,like the hay before the scythe"-AR-Patriot 2013

MOLON LABE!

Cowboy Cuts Custom Metal Cutting
http://www.siteswelding.webs.com/

#20 MikeI

MikeI

Bwana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,290 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, all the shooting sports. Just about anything that goes bang is of interest!

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:04 AM

Another one to consider from Cook's Country:

Five-Minute Fresh Tomato Salsa

From Cook's Country

June/July 2010
Why this recipe works:

Farm-fresh tomatoes added even better flavor than canned tomatoes did for our quick Tomato Salsa. Using the food processor made this recipe nearly as effortless as opening a jar, but released a lot of excess water from our ingredients. A quick final strain once we combined everything was an essential step.

Makes about 3 cups

Total time:

Hunt's makes our favorite diced tomatoes. For five-minute fresh tomato salsa, substitute 2 pounds fresh tomatoes, cored, seeded, and chopped, for the canned tomatoes in step 2. Don't forget to briefly drain the salsa after you've processed it.
Ingredients

1/2 small red onion, peeled and quartered
1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
1/4 cup drained jarred pickled jalapeños
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 pounds fresh tomatoes, cored, seeded, and chopped

Instructions

1. PULSE VEGETABLES Pulse onion, cilantro, jalapeños, lime juice, garlic, and salt in food processor until coarsely chopped.

2. ADD TOMATOES Add tomatoes and pulse until combined, about three 1-second pulses. Place salsa in fine-mesh strainer and drain briefly. Transfer to bowl. Serve. (Salsa can be refrigerated in airtight container for 2 days.)
VETUSTIOR HUMO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users