Photo

Brought another young one in to the outdoors!!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Coyote EMT

Coyote EMT

Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Interests:Been Varmint hunting since i was old enough to shoot; just now getting into the predator part.

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:21 PM

Well over the thanksgiving break I was able to get my youngest brother out to the deer stand. He has never had the chance to hunt until that weekend. We originally set out to get a few hogs that showed up on the camera, but to shock us all no pigs showed up for the two hunts we sat. Well we were just about to call it a night (no flashlight) and get back to the truck before dark when the turkeys we had heard all evening popped out in the ride-a-way. I told my brother to get up his (my) rifle and try to get a shot on them. While I was ranging them he got set-up and steadied. They ranged at 103 yards and I pulled up my AR to spot for him and no sooner I gave him the go ahead *BOOM* all I saw were feathers! I was doubtful on the range at 103 but he made the shot no problems. Not bad for his first animal in his sights. The gun was my Handi Rifle in .204 ruger shooting 32gr VMAX hornady. I couldnt be any happier for him!!

Posted Image
Jon Marcaurele

#2 Coon Dawg

Coon Dawg

Bwana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

Congrats to both of you!

#3 MikeI

MikeI

Bwana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,137 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, all the shooting sports. Just about anything that goes bang is of interest!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

Yes, indeed! Good work and congratulations to both of you!!
VETUSTIOR HUMO

#4 Slew

Slew

Bwana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:24 AM

Thats great!!! Congrats to him!!

#5 Coyote EMT

Coyote EMT

Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Interests:Been Varmint hunting since i was old enough to shoot; just now getting into the predator part.

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

Thanks guys!! I think it is just as exciting to get to be there for that shot, I mean it was awesome to be there for it! But I guess I have taught him well he is breaking skeet at 100 yards from a tripod sitting in a bag chair!
Jon Marcaurele

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users