12 replies to this topic

#1 claysdaddy

claysdaddy

Bwana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 11:59 AM

Someone from my office bought one a few months ago but there were only two in the store, his and his son-in-law's. I'm interested as they are of the era my father is interested in and very affordable, I believe my colleague paid about $120 for his. I understand there is a good supply of the rifles in the U.S., most authentic from the 1940s and preserved in Kosmoline, I just have not been able to locate one in a reasonable distance from Houston. If anyone knows where there may be some rifles for sale I am interested in knowing where I could pick one up. Thanks

Cheers,
MJ

NRA patron life member, U.S. military veteran

Preach the gospel always, and if necessary, use words
-- unknown

#2 MikeI

MikeI

Bwana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,394 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, all the shooting sports. Just about anything that goes bang is of interest!

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:33 PM

claysdaddy,

They are very common; very easy to find, especially in a metro area like Houston. Call a few of the bigger gun stores. Best bet, for the best price, is to go to a large gun show. The last one I went to in San Antonio there were 2-3 dealers who had 15-20 MG's on display. And the $120 price range is good; you may be able to do better, but compare condition before you jump on a $90 special. Bring a bore light with you so you can peek down the barrel to see if anything is growing there! Google Mosin Nagant Houston TX. Here's a list of Texas Gun Shows: http://www.gunshowmi....com/tx/#tiptop

Try these:
#
Samco Mosin Nagant 91/30 Sniper Rifle - Houston, TX - Glock Talk
2 posts - 1 author - Last post: Nov 19, 2010
Samco Mosin Nagant 91/30 Sniper Rifle - Houston, TX Firearms Listings. ... $700.00 FTF in Houston area. If you want more pictures let me ...
www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1274539 - Cached
Mosin Nagant Scout Build‎
WTS Beautiful Mosin Nagant Sporter package with scope and ammo ...‎
WTS Beautiful Mosin Nagant Sporter w/scope and ammo, Houston TX ...‎
WTS Finnish Model 39 Mosin-Nagant Houston Texas‎

More results from glocktalk.com »
Get more discussion results
#
Mosin Nagant in the Houston area???? - XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD ...
10 posts - 5 authors - Last post: Jun 13, 2008
I'm looking for a place to purchase a Mosin Nagant in the Houston area. ... In Texas, you do not have to fill out any paperwork for pre-1899 ...
www.xdtalk.com › ... › Other Handgun Talk › Non-XD Handguns - Cached
WTB Mosin Nagant 91/30 ( HOUSTON TX )‎
Mosin Nagant, laminated stock question‎
anyone in houston/spring area have...‎
Range report: Mosin Nagant M44 bayonet open and closed. - Page 2 ...‎

More results from xdtalk.com »
#
WTS: Samco Mosin Nagant 91/30 Sniper Rifle - Houston, TX **Price ...
4 posts - 2 authors - Last post: Nov 19, 2010
Sale Pending*** For sale is a 1944 Russian Mosin Nagant 91/30 PU Sniper rifle. Rifle is in very good ... $700.00 FTF in Houston area. ...
forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?...Mosin-Nagant...Houston-TX... - Cached
#
TEXASBOARS.COM :: View topic - Mosin Nagant's for only $59!
30 posts - 11 authors - Last post: Feb 18, 2009
Mosin Nagant rifles make great hog hunting guns along with the others because they take a 7.62x54r bullet which is sandwiched between a .308 ...
texasboars.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8355 - Cached - Similar
VETUSTIOR HUMO

#3 Triple 000 Buck

Triple 000 Buck

Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,fishing,shooting,camping with my family.

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:40 PM

Check out Buds gun shop online, I just checked and they had 2 in stock one for $99.00 and another for $109.00, and one of them was listed as superior condition <_< .

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading"

-- Col. Jeff Cooper

"IMPEACHMENT is CHANGE we can HOPE for!"

-- Author unknown

#4 claysdaddy

claysdaddy

Bwana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:33 PM

Thanks guys!

Cheers,
MJ

-- unknown

#5 Boomy

Boomy

Bwana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts
  • Interests:All things outdoors.

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:50 PM

I got mine at Gander Mountain(FM1960) acouple years ago for @$99. 1945 and shoots good
Posted Image
Bad decisions make good stories.

#6 Buzzard

Buzzard

Bwana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:55 PM

Wow! That's a great buy! They're selling them here for around $350! :angry: They're a good rifle... but not THAT good! :angry: Not when you consider that our dollar buys around a $1.06 US these days! Still, they are a very good rifle with a very useful and cheap-to-run caliber for pigs and come with a built-in mid-range pig sticker! <_<
The Buzzard of Oz

#7 airhog

airhog

Bwana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts
  • Interests:Yote hunting and knife making along side white water canoeing with a little fishing in between.

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:49 PM

Anybody know where there are some good deals on the Finnish sniper models??Posted Image
Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
Thomas Paine

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

#8 gad62

gad62

Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Interests:most anything outdoors.

Posted 24 June 2011 - 11:56 PM

see if this helps http://www.jgsales.c...t/cPath/209_261

#9 claysdaddy

claysdaddy

Bwana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:42 AM

For the price I took the chance and ordered the "superior condition" unit from Bud's. I'm currently travelling in Russia but it should be at my FFL dealer's shop when I return. I'll let y'all know how it turns out.

That is a nice looking rifle Boomy, and apparently effective! What kind of ammo do you shoot in it, and if factory, where do you buy it?

Follow up question for others who have this make of rifle; what ammo do you shoot in it, factory, hand-loads, bullet weight?

Thanks

Cheers,
MJ

-- unknown

#10 Boomy

Boomy

Bwana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts
  • Interests:All things outdoors.

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:58 AM

Bear Ammo SP picked it up at a local shop. It blew a 4" threw it's spine.(very narrow front sight)

I went through all the ones they had on the shelf and found the best combination of interesting grain and rifling condition. I sanded it out and laid on about four or five coats of linseed oil.
Bad decisions make good stories.

#11 NechesBobcat

NechesBobcat

Bwana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Interests:Any and every kind of hunting and fishing that can be done in the Great State of Texas and surrounding continent, Trapping, Oilfield, welding, fly-tying, fly fishing.
  • Location:Silsbee, Spurger, and Groesbeck, TX and Eagle Rock, MO!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:51 PM

One of our local gun shops has tons of them. $99. I haven't got one yet but I know alot of people that have.
We Americans got so tired of being thought of as dumb by the rest of the world that we went to the polls and removed all doubt!!

Silsbee, TX... Spurger, TX... Groesbeck, TX... Eagle Rock, MO!

#12 DOC1

DOC1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:scenic drives
    fishing
    guns know very little
    playing slots about all I can do anymore

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:34 PM

I am interested in a couple of these. Anyone know of a dealer in texas or surrounding states that might carry some ? New Mexico may be a little of a stretch but any other states are ok
 I have found some on line that are not priced to badly but they are still sight unseen
 I am looking for something in a 120 to 150 price range with bayonet and associated pieces like pouch and tools
 Thanks for any info

They call me Doc, and you can to. 

Bestowed upon me by the men I served with in Vietnam1968-69. Only a few get that honorable nickname

I wear it with pride for they thought I was good enough to earn it

#13 GSH

GSH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:21 AM

x2 - I have purchased from them and the stuff I got was as advertised in VG condition. If you know someone who is reasonable on a FFL transer I would recomend these guys. My friends son was interested in Mosin Nagants so I gave him my 1891 as a gift to kick start his gun collection off.  I still have my M44 Mosin Nagant

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.- Winston Churchill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users