#1 Call Killer

Call Killer

Bwana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, good Cigars, and the great Outdoors

Posted 20 November 2009 - 05:21 PM

I was just reading an article in PX about some areas offering bounty on coyotes. I remember when I was a kid there used to be a Wool and Mohair place in Brownwood that offered a small bounty on them.

Does anybody know if there are counties in Texas where that is still practiced?

The thought occured to me, that might be a good way to come up with some Christmas cash.

Any info out there?

HVFD7014
Size doesn't matter, placement does.

"Put the Wet stuff on the Red stuff!"

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make. Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists."
"We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail."
George W. Bush

WELLS PUMPS, LLC

In GOD we Trust!

#2 Bobcat

Bobcat

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,235 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 05:49 PM

I know that Reagan County had bounties on coyotes and bobcats a few years back. I don't know it the program is still active though.............

Bob Posted Image

There is room for all of God's creatures, right next to the mashed potatoes.

PosseAvatar100.jpgnra2.gifTSRA-life-120.gifGadsden.gif

Prescription Assistance in USA:  http://www.lsrxcare....ex.cfm?id=71796

#3 Big AL

Big AL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Guns, hunting, fishing, cars, trucks, boats....... anything with an engine

Posted 20 November 2009 - 06:12 PM

Mason county had one but you had to be a member of the Predator Association. I dont know if they still have it.
An expert is someone who takes a subject you understand and makes it sound confusing.

#4 countrylegend

countrylegend

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 07:23 PM

Mason county had one but you had to be a member of the Predator Association. I dont know if they still have it.

I have no idea anymore either :unsure:
"Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me"

#5 coyote

coyote

Bwana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 09:10 AM

Mason County has a bounty on coyotes, bobcats and maybe hogs. You must work with a Mason Co. landowner to recieve a bounty. In other words, the landowner must swear that the predator was killed on his property. (This is to assure that someone does not bring predators in from another county just to receive the bounty.
We are having a meeting this morning here in Menard County where we hope to implement the same type program. I am going to push for a bounty on coyotes. It seems that most guys will shoot a bobcat if they see it without the influence of a bounty. I am afraid to offer a bounty on hogs as I am afraid that it would bankrupt the county. We, too will be very cautious when awarding bounties by making the landowner resposible for who hunts on him and monitoring the kills.
Adios,
Gary

#6 Call Killer

Call Killer

Bwana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, good Cigars, and the great Outdoors

Posted 21 November 2009 - 10:19 AM

Well, it seems that the bounties are all just over the county lines of the counties I hunt. Seems I need to contact the Ag Extension offices for Brown, Erath, Comanche, Hamilton, and Eastland Counties.

Anybody have an idea of what other offices might have that information?

HVFD7014
Size doesn't matter, placement does.

"Put the Wet stuff on the Red stuff!"

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make. Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists."
"We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail."
George W. Bush

WELLS PUMPS, LLC

In GOD we Trust!

#7 psepro2001

psepro2001

Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:Shootin' anything. Bows are my passion but my guns have my sole.

Posted 23 November 2009 - 07:28 PM

I live in Hamilton and I know none of the counties you have mentioned have have a bounty. Go southwest from them and good luck.
HOYT pro staff
SGT. U.S.Marines('85-'90)
Aim for the HEAD!!!
You can tell a Texan but you can't tell them much.

#8 REBEL3

REBEL3

Professional Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Interests:I LIKE TO WORK ON VEHICALS AND I LOVE TO HUNT MAINLY CRITTERS.

Posted 26 November 2009 - 04:59 PM

Mason County has a bounty on coyotes, bobcats and maybe hogs. You must work with a Mason Co. landowner to recieve a bounty. In other words, the landowner must swear that the predator was killed on his property. (This is to assure that someone does not bring predators in from another county just to receive the bounty.
We are having a meeting this morning here in Menard County where we hope to implement the same type program. I am going to push for a bounty on coyotes. It seems that most guys will shoot a bobcat if they see it without the influence of a bounty. I am afraid to offer a bounty on hogs as I am afraid that it would bankrupt the county. We, too will be very cautious when awarding bounties by making the landowner resposible for who hunts on him and monitoring the kills.
Adios,
Gary

They are talking about doing a bounty on hogs here in Coryell and if it goes through it will be the same as Mason County
Critter Gitter Predator Services
Guided Predator Hunts

http://crittergitterpredatorservices.webstarts.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users